The Chainlink

Are the Marauders and other like minded cyclists meeting up before the Mcdonalds Midnight L.A.T.E Ride somewhere? Anyone planning on crashing the ride in large numbers?

I don't see anyone discussing this happening online or in person. And for some reason I ain't on the MM list serve, I should probably get on that.

 

Two years ago the L.A.T.E Ride audit was super bad ass fun. It was certainly one of the more memorable midnight rides in recent memory.

 

If you're joining us, please, RSVP and invite your friends on Facebook [ https://www.facebook.com/events/411389172247347 ] or the Chainlink [ http://www.thechainlink.org/events/mcdonalds-l-a-t-e-ride-audit ]!

 



Views: 6207

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spencer i have some good pictures of you and me dancing at that late ride.... You of course in your pink panties

I'd be interested in finding out what this is for fundraising and what it does for what, since that's apparently what us rude hipster anarchists are wrecking by speaking dismissively of the beneficence of affluent suburbanites who bless us with their cycling a few times a year and justifies a cost of admission half that of a Disneyworld ticket.

Those Darned Hipsters also do some corporate-sponsored fundraising through Tour de Fat, but the difference is that admission is free, they're up-front about where the funds go, and at the end of the event they announce how much they raised and hand it over.

Used to be dry, not anymore?? I grew up in St. Charles and moved to Chicago in the late 70's, back then Wheaton was dry.

Chris C said:

Huh?  Tough how?

Kevin T. said:

I dunno, why ride at night in "the murder capital of the Midwest", I'd much rather get drunk in Wheaton. Oops, that would be kinda tough tho.

self paid $119,000.  nice!

net income of late ride 2007: $ 142,706



Cameron Puetz said:

Since Friends of the Parks is a 501 c 3, an overview of that information is available. Probably not the detail that you're looking for, but here are the their latest statements:

http://fotp.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/fotpauditrpt07-finalforp...

http://fotp.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/complete-return-for-07-0...



Peenworm Grubologist said:

I'd be interested in finding out what this is for fundraising and what it does for what, since that's apparently what us rude hipster anarchists are wrecking by speaking dismissively of the beneficence of affluent suburbanites who bless us with their cycling a few times a year and justifies a cost of admission half that of a Disneyworld ticket.

Those Darned Hipsters also do some corporate-sponsored fundraising through Tour de Fat, but the difference is that admission is free, they're up-front about where the funds go, and at the end of the event they announce how much they raised and hand it over.

O, can you explain this Murder Capital of the Midwest talking point? The FBI reports that there were 430 murders in Chicago last year, 344 in Detroit and 113 in St. Louis. If Chicago were as kill-happy as Detroit there would have been over 1,300 murders here last year. Chicago has lots of murders because it's really, really big, not because it's particularly unsafe (especially if you don't live in a dangerous neighborhood.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/prelimin...
Also, the LATE Ride is way less fun than riding with the kind of people who turn out for unsanctioned late night rides.

Doom! Are you back????

Dr. Doom said:

O, can you explain this Murder Capital of the Midwest talking point? The FBI reports that there were 430 murders in Chicago last year, 344 in Detroit and 113 in St. Louis. If Chicago were as kill-happy as Detroit there would have been over 1,300 murders here last year. Chicago has lots of murders because it's really, really big, not because it's particularly unsafe (especially if you don't live in a dangerous neighborhood.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/prelimin...
Yes! Ann Arbor was fun but I'm so glad to be back in Chicago (even though I'll probably be murdered).

Welcome back and keep your head down.

 

Dr. Doom said:

Yes! Ann Arbor was fun but I'm so glad to be back in Chicago (even though I'll probably be murdered).

That's all totally overblown. I haven't been murdered in weeks.

How long have you been gone? You gonna join us Saturday night?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service