The Chainlink

My friends Schwinn Voyager just got stolen today from around Albany and Bloomingdale. The bike was locked up, although feebly, under their porch. If i remember right it is about a 56cm with cantilever brakes, shimano 600 group, and bar-con shifters. Its gray with green letters and with nice lugs. This was a pretty nice bike, although beat up. I think it was made by panasonic for schwinn in the late 80s. Please keep an eye out and let me know if you see it around. Thanks!

It's has a couple of unique features:

The saddle is a selle san marco and has an embroidered chili pepper all done up in western gear and a cowboy hat saying, "sit on my face," but in italian.

The rack on back has a hinged, double decker milk crate storage system.

The front rim was a Mavic CXP, deep-V style. The rear rim was an older no-name steel box section rim.

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please post your stolen bike on the Chicago Stolen Bikes forum. Tell your friends, far and wide, about it, too.
That really sucks that it got stolen and all but posting about it being stolen in the Bikes for Sale section of craigs list will just get it flagged and removed because its miss categorized and just clutters things up, not to mention almost nobody has pictures of there bike. Its a lot easier for people to recognise a bike if they have seen it rather than read a description.
Whoever let that guy walk out of the shop without making sure he could properly lock up his bike was doing him a real disservice.

h3 said:
Check out the locking technique.

Resurrecting this thread because last night my garage was broken into and two bikes (mine and my sister's) were stolen. They were locked but the lock was cut. They also stole my floor pump but left my spare set of Schwalbe tires. My more expensive bike was unharmed (heavy duty Abus lock), as was my neighbor's unlocked bike. I filed a police report and filed with the stolen bike registry. Hopefully insurance will cover it, but I'd love to get my bike back. Completely hopeless? Any advice?

Here's a picture of my baby girl - Jamis Commuter 2.0. White with baby blue fenders, black front basket and rear rack, new pedals, front and rear lights, orange reflective tape, bell with faded "I heart my bike" design, Bike n Roll bike garage parking sticker on top tube.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1165/3166905735_85c9e5e3da.jpg?v=0

And my sister's, without the trail-a-bike - Specialized Globe. All black with black rear rack and blue handlebar bag.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3259/3167792198_234f02fc1d.jpg?v=0
same here. We have a spare bedroom just for our bikes.

Pete said:
And this is why my bike lives in my apartment, against all HOA and tenant rules. :-) Even inside, I still lock it up. Take the TV! But leave my bike alone.
My wife and I take cell phone pics of ourselves with our bikes at various destinations. I also have pictures of me building my bike on the cell phone. I've heard of putting ID cards in the seat tube, I also like engraving a cell # to the frame somewhere hidden, like inside the chainstay or under the BB. If there's a dispute on the street, your phone will ring, not the crooks.
Speaking of stolen bikes...

The UIC police donated this bike to West Town Bikes recently

My police friend who dropped it off told me he nabbed the guy who stole it shortly after the fact. The perpatraitor was found with several stolen wheels as well last September shortly after school had started. My officer friend said he would of like to have had it returned to the owner but there is no registration record of it. I told him I would post it around to see if anyone would claim it before WTB had it's way with it.

Give me an accurate description of the seat under the bag and arrangements can be made to return it to you.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service