The Chainlink

Every body knows to watch for punk kids and bad looking people looking to steal their bike. Has anyone encountered nice looking guys 20-30 something dressed in expensive gear, riding 3 -5,000 carbon bikes, that attack for apparently no reason. My 47 yr old friend, was taking a quickie ride from Foster to Bryn Mawr Thursday, 8/7. path was pretty empty. Politely passed 3 relatively slow guys, with correct courtesies. They said nothing but they clubbed him with something from behind & knocked him out.
Apparently just for kicks. Nothing was taken. He had a concussion, cracked ribs, and road rash; bike's damaged, brand new Cannondale road warrior, still had his wallet & cell phone. Location of injuries, tell that he was unconscious before he hit the ground. Oh, he's not an inexperienced rider. He's done centuries and double centuries, and been riding since he was 7. Also, he's very physically fit. Is this some new category of danger we have to look out for now?

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sadly, crazy things happen in this city (and this world) and often for no reason at all. :(
my friend got punched in the face on the CTA for absolutely no reason at all. literally a hit and run. and we've all heard what happened on that Greyhound bus....

i'm sorry for your friend. that's such an awful thing to happen.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service