The Chainlink

My front wheel was ganked from my bike last week in a 30 min span of time... Later that week I saw a man walking down the street (near the scene of the crime) with a rear wheel so followed him . He saw that I had pulled off and was watching so he ducked into a building... I knew it was stolen from his reaction to me watching.. so I called the police. Of course they didnt take me seriously even after I gave them my case number for my stolen wheel earlier that week.

after 10 mins of waiting and no sign of a cop I left. Now that I think about it I should have circled the building and tried to follow him from a distance.

Anyways, the answer is; stolen wheels go to the patten office on Harrison LOL.

Anyone really know?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suppose bling wheels go on to cl, trash wheels go to the aluminum scrapyard, and really trash wheels go to the steel scrapyard.
Not sure where all the stolen wheels go, but why is it that so many cyclists just abandon their bikes after a wheel theft? I always feel so sorry for the neglected bikes, sitting there until thieves steal the rest of them, bit by bit. I've been tempted to liberate a few abandoned bikes myself, before the city cuts them off and sends them to the scrap heap, or wherever they go.
From what I read on a different blog. Many front wheels go to replace curb damaged ones. Many people only lock the frame and leave the tires un done. LINK to Fark forum. The Link gets silly after a bit , but still has value. In the article I was amazed the the University of Madison has has nearly $2 million work of bike stolen in the past 5 yrs.
With abandoned cars there is a form you can fill out at a police station and after x amount of time they let you take possession.
We live in a city with so many tow trucks that its not applicable to us... but maybe worth investigating for bikes.
Chucko said:
Not sure where all the stolen wheels go, but why is it that so many cyclists just abandon their bikes after a wheel theft? I always feel so sorry for the neglected bikes, sitting there until thieves steal the rest of them, bit by bit. I've been tempted to liberate a few abandoned bikes myself, before the city cuts them off and sends them to the scrap heap, or wherever they go.

Because thieves like Village Cycle Center charge $100 for a new wheel on a $300 hybrid.
What does the acronym CL mean?
craigslist

Dubi Kaufmann said:
What does the acronym CL mean?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service