The Chainlink

Hello everyone, I'm new to Chicagoland and Thechainlink. This weekend (with the beautiful weather showing us grace) I went up to the North Branch Trail to get some miles in.

Some of the intersections were at roads such as Hart Road, which had bike lanes and others like Dempster, which while busy, looked like they might lead to other bike friendly roads. Does anyone know if there are some good routes/circuits around this area to get in some faster paced miles? The trail is great and all but can slow you down with all the family/pedestrian traffic.

Thanks! Happy riding.

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The NBT is 20 miles long; summarzing where to ride in a post is going to be difficult. Why not check with local bike clubs along the way (i.e. Evanston Bike Club, etc.) or consult the CBF map?
Vxla, fair enough. I was thinking somewhere closer to town, the southern half of the trail. I know that's still a bit vague but part of that is that I just don't know the roads very well. I'll check the Eveanston Bike Club but CBF doesn't seem to carry much information that far north.

Thanks for the reply though!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service