The Chainlink

so lobsters should probably live through a bike ride in a messenger bag, right?

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol, nah.. i'm going to pick them up later this afternoon. and i could still use advice if anyone's got any.

if i had a basket this would be much easier i think
I would say probably yes. You have to keep the lobsters cool and moist and allow them access to air (no plastic bags). Typically they are wrapped in wet newspaper or something like that. I'd be worried about my messenger bag smelling like dead crustacean forever after. ;-)
I thought this was a joke!
ok i think this is going to be just fine.

i just spoke with the fishmonger i'm going to buy from (Dirk's) and he seemed sure they'd survive to see my fridge.

i'm also going to be picking up some live steamers too, so i have to agree about the smell seeping into my bag.. not something i want.

so i think i'm going to steal borrow Abby's old barely-working bike that happens to have a big basket on the front. it'll get me there and back at least.
LOL...glad someone is riding the ol' girl.

root said:

so i think i'm going to steal borrow Abby's old barely-working bike that happens to have a big basket on the front. it'll get me there and back at least.
I just laughed out loud. Kudos to you for wanting to try though. I honestly don't know proper crutacean care.
THe lobster will enjoy a nice bike ride before it becomes dinner.
ok so i filled the air in the crap bike and headed out. not even halfway there the seatpost collar totally explodes on me and there i am riding a girls schwinn mirada with the saddle down as far as possible and barely able to pedal with another 4 miles of round trip to go.

ugh.

anyways - i managed to make it to the store and back with everything alive and well. i'm going to give them a couple more happy hours in the fridge to chill out after the bumpy ride
oh and also my cat's are totally f***ed. i'm going to mess with them soooo bad >:)
Only a few pictures, but ask and ye shall recieve..

(they were delicious btw)

Agreed... delicious!

root said:
Only a few pictures, but ask and ye shall recieve..

(they were delicious btw)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service