The Chainlink

I was wondering if it might be possible to include a link to the last post in a conversation thread on the Chainlink forum.

When the discussions get past a page it's a pain to have to start at the first page and then navigate to the new post you want to read.

I've seen other forums do this and they have a page number that you can select from the front navigation page.

Also, if there's a way to already do this and I'm just dumb, please learn me good!

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This already exists. On the forum page, the last person who replied has a link on their name...click that to link to the last post in the thread.

for example. right now it says reply by Abby

:)
Abby said:
This already exists. On the forum page, the last person who replied has a link on their name...click that to link to the last post in the thread.

Eh, that's just about as clunky. It brings me to all of your posts, Abby and I still can't see all of them.

Also, sometiems I don't want to go to the very last post, I might want to see the 3rd page of discussions.

And while I"m on this roll...when I click on someone's name in a forum, I generally want to see their profile and not all of their discussions. That's just me.

Despite this, I love you Chainlink! I just want to make you better!
so on the home page...you are right, click a person and get all their discussions...this annoys me too. But on the forums page, if you click on the reply by abby, you will go to the last post of that thread...still no solution for the multi pages thing, but its a start. :)

jamimaria said:
Abby said:

Eh, that's just about as clunky. It brings me to all of your posts, Abby and I still can't see all of them.

Also, sometiems I don't want to go to the very last post, I might want to see the 3rd page of discussions.

And while I"m on this roll...when I click on someone's name in a forum, I generally want to see their profile and not all of their discussions. That's just me.

Hi guys - Thanks for the suggestion! Abby's right - right now, the 'replied' or 'last reply' link is really the best way to go directly to the end of the thread. I think these pics will help a bit.

here's how it looks on the Last Activity area:

I've been looking into Ning customization, but it doesn't offer much....unfortunately.

+1
I'd also say we need a "back to main page" at the bottom of each forum discussion.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service