The Chainlink

God. Just can't get enough of this summerish weather! Anyway, does anyone have any riding plans this weekend? I picked up a Miyata that's been screaming at me for a long ride, and I'd love to get some good miles in on Saturday and Sunday. Suggestions? Or does anybody have any plans that I could glom on to? ;-)

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was thinking about heading down and riding the Old Plank Road trail, then finding my way to the I&M trail. It'd be $5 to take the Metra electric down, then return on the Rock Island.

Plans are still pending.
vxla said:
I was thinking about heading down and riding the Old Plank Road trail, then finding my way to the I&M trail. It'd be $5 to take the Metra electric down, then return on the Rock Island.

Plans are still pending.

I've ridden the Plank Road Trail- it's nice, totally paved and not that well used. Apparently it's only a couple miles from the end to the I&M through Joliet, which can't be that bad.
Chucko said:
vxla said:

Plans are still pending.

I've ridden the Plank Road Trail- it's nice, totally paved and not that well used. Apparently it's only a couple miles from the end to the I&M through Joliet, which can't be that bad.

Yeah, I used to ride it when it first opened, but I've never made the connection to the other trails. Greg V. mentioned that the connection to Kankakee is complete, so that might be interesting.

Yeah, I used to ride it when it first opened, but I've never made the connection to the other trails. Greg V. mentioned that the connection to Kankakee is complete, so that might be interesting.

You've probably already seen this, but there are some decent looking directions from OPRT to I&M here: http://oprt.org/maps/westcon.html

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service