The Chainlink

I took this test that measures real age based on fitness, among other things. It said I may be working out too much. (who, me?) It's free and online so not likely to be very accurate but I still wonder how much everyone else rides per week. And how much of that would you consider recreational vs. exercise?

I commute to work 15 miles round trip (the first half usually faster than the second due to path congestion at the end of the day). Then I ride around town here and there for a total of roughly 100 miles a week. I will also typically do a long ride on Sundays of about 45 miles or so bringing my total to close to 150 miles a week. On top of that I usually run a few times a week and do yoga or whatever else strikes my fancy. Certainly more than the average American, but not enough to turn myself prematurely gray, right?

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only did 152 miles last week. My morning rides need to be longer.
slacker!

vxla said:
I only did 152 miles last week. My morning rides need to be longer.
I commute to and from work & the gym at lunch about 12 miles a day/60 miles a week. I lift weights five days a week. I play(ed) beach v'ball (2-on-2) at North Ave. once a week, softball once a week and now will be playing indoor v'ball. Also, I try to get in some centuries throughout the year. I'm definitely not doing what you're doing, you must be in such incredible shape. Keep up the great work!
You have the cross training thing going on... I can't lift 5 pounds right now if I tried. That is what winter is for I guess (yuck, gym time). I'm dreading it. I'll try to bike this winter but I know it will be n half of what I do now since a lot of my biking is for work showing properties.

Todd said:
I commute to and from work & the gym at lunch about 12 miles a day/60 miles a week. I lift weights five days a week. I play(ed) beach v'ball (2-on-2) at North Ave. once a week, softball once a week and now will be playing indoor v'ball. Also, I try to get in some centuries throughout the year. I'm definitely not doing what you're doing, you must be in such incredible shape. Keep up the great work!
Julie Hochstadter said:
Ok, so...This week I rode 274 miles...I've been measuring since the start of the century last sunday.

Holy crap! No wonder it looks like you're sleeping in your profile pic. That's a lot of miles.
We weren't sleeping, we were posing actually... It was Rami the kittens idea. He needed some shots for catster.com. I told him I thought he looked pretty handsome.

Chucko said:
Julie Hochstadter said:
Ok, so...This week I rode 274 miles...I've been measuring since the start of the century last sunday.

Holy crap! No wonder it looks like you're sleeping in your profile pic. That's a lot of miles.
Mocking? Yes. You? Not so much. Me? Yes.

Riding nearly 300 miles in a week is awesome! I don't do that.

Hope this didn't blow my chances to make out.

Julie Hochstadter said:
Tommie, are you mocking me? If you are, that's cool. At least someone is reading my bragging on here...
I thought I met you today at Urban Assult but it was a Tommie who wasn't on the chainlink (but did get a bookmark!).

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service