The Chainlink

This one hurts. The time has come for me and my beloved cyclocross bike to part ways. It's been through many builds and many races, but here's how it stands now.

It's set up single-speed, but the hanger is attached and the rear hub has a Shimano 11sp freehub, so just pop off the cog spacers, add a derailleur, cassette, and shifter, and you're ready to rock with a killer 1x setup.

Frame, fork, seatpost, saddle, and stem are all stock and in good condition. There are some small scratches on the fork but it's paint only - the carbon is undamaged.

TRP Spyre disc brakes with kool-stop pads, 160mm front, 140mm rear. SRAM Rival carbon levers.

Rival 1 BB30 crankset with brand new BB30 bearings and an Absoluteblack 42t direct-mount oval chainring.

Wheels are H Plus Son Archetypes laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs and wrapped in Challenge Gravel Grinder Pro open tubulars. These things are tanks, and way overbuilt for someone my size. I've done some hard riding in rock gardens and they're still dead true. In my opinion, this bike is worth it just for the wheels.

Absoluteblack 16t narrow-wide cog included. The chain tensioner has been replaced since the photo was taken with a Surly singleator.

The frame is a size 49, and fits me (5'4"), although I do wish it were a bit smaller. It should fit anyone my size or a bit bigger just fine. 19lb dead (without pedals).

I'd love to see $1300 for the bike as is, but I'll entertain all reasonable offers under the right circumstances. I'd also be willing to break it down to a frameset only if the price is right.

If you have any questions I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion. If you want to test ride it, that can be arranged.

Please buy my bike and shred on it. The world will be a better place for it.

Views: 681

Reply to This

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service