The Chainlink

I have a authentic 1986 panasonic dx 3000, mens bike perfect for a guy who is 5'8 or taller. I cannot ride it as i am too small for the frame. The bike is old, but its former owner rode it sparingly(I believe he said a month for one summer 25yrs ago) before leaving it in his basement. I have been riding it for a week and it rides fine, but would suit a rider who is taller as i am uncomfortable on it. I'm asking $300 as i've searched online forums and this was the average agreed upon price.
The bike is perfect for conversion to a fixed gear and the guy at the bike shop pointed out several aspects about the frame and the rear tire forks that made it perfect for fixed gear conversion.
Im a female, my bike was stolen recently and though i appreciate having a bike to ride at all, i'd prefer one that fits me (I had a schwinn traveler).
If you're interested in coming to check it out please call stephanie 773 552 4533. ( i would also be down to lower the price for a reasonable rideable trade)

1986 Panasonic DX-3000 Factory Specifications
* Frame: Tange 900 Cr-Mo double butted tubes, forged ends and sealed bottom bracket set.
* Fork: Tange Mangaloy, AC-2 crown, forged ends and sealed head set.
* Stem: SR CT Alloy
* Saddle: Selle Italia 0419-V Aero with SR CT-P5E micro adjusting seat post.
* Crankset: SR SXC-200, Alloy 52/42T
* Freewheel: Shimano Z012 6-speed 14-28T
* Chain: Shimano UG silver, 1/2?x3/32?x110 links
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano L525SS S.I.S.
* Front Derailleur: Shimano Z206
* Shifting Lever: Shimano S424 S.I.S., brazed on down tube mounted.
* Brakes: Shimano Z570, side pull with Q.R., tire guide and 600AX levers.
* Rims: Ukai 20A, 700c, alloy
* Color: Midnight Black and yellow

Views: 2196

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steph! It died! The frame cracked sometime during Perimeter Ride. I can't believe it's dead!

You should keep that unique rear fender for your next bike.

David of the North (David606xx) said:

Steph! It died! The frame cracked sometime during Perimeter Ride. I can't believe it's dead!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service