The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'suburbs' (24)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Donating old bikes in the suburbs?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a plan to donate an old bike in the suburbs (preferably west suburbs)? I am having a bit of trouble t…

Started by Matt

5 Dec 27, 2016
Reply by Chris C

Chicago North Side To Orland Park

Hi community! I want to bike from the North Center neighborhood to Orland Park, but am unfamiliar with that area and unsure of a safe route…

Started by Christine Webster

19 Apr 16, 2016
Reply by Jared

Hybrid conversion to road(ish) bike

First time poster, please be gentle! Background:  I've always loved cycling, once I discovered the freedom of bike travel (and drastically…

Started by Greg Berry

6 Jul 21, 2014
Reply by Bill Baumgartner

I know you think the suburbs are the antithesis of bike-friendliness, but...

... I live in Glenview, and we're a different kind of family-friendly living.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/suburbs/glenview/c

Started by Matt

15 Jul 26, 2013
Reply by Matt

Biking from Logan Square to Lombard: is it safe?

A friend is having a bbq/pool party out in the suburbs this Saturday, and if the weather co-operates, I'm thinking about biking to it, rath…

Started by Christine (5.0)

35 Jun 23, 2013
Reply by h' Zerocats

Route Suggestions From Brookfield Zoo To Navy Pier

Hi, Any bikers out there commuting into the city from the western suburbs? Here is a link to a route I found. I rode half of it up to Centr…

Started by Michael Lizak

6 May 16, 2013
Reply by Michael Lizak

I Live Here

Everyone I have ever spoken with who also lives here has made me feel like a freak for not owning a car/riding a bike everywhere. Should I…

Started by Matt

2 May 5, 2013
Reply by h' Zerocats

Cal-Sag Trail construction starts this summer!

The Forest Preserve District of Cook County received $3.6 million from the Illinois Transportation Enhancements Program on Wednesday, payin…

Started by Friends of the Cal-Sag Trail

2 Feb 1, 2013
Reply by Chris C

Insights from Suburban Commuters

So what's it like on a typical "day in the life" of a cycling suburban commuter?Where do you live? How far is your commute?Do you use pace…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

18 Jul 24, 2012
Reply by David Barish

Bike & Dine, Lockport! registration closes 5 PM today

Beat the dinner rush! http://trailsforillinois.org/bikeanddine Bike & Dine, Lockport! is short, easy riding between ridiculous serving…

Started by Steve Buchtel

0 May 30, 2012

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service