The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thinking outside the box on sustainable transit

Capitalism is the Driving force behind Automobiles  Major transformation. Outside the box thinking is not 10% improvement. This is a very…

Started by David S.

32 Apr 15, 2019
Reply by David S.

problems created by bad ADA curb installations

I'm talking about problems for bikes or peds created by ADA curb installations that have some feature that's inappropriate for its context.…

Started by Anne Alt

6 Sep 26, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

Heads up Lincoln Square Area Bikers

Just heard about a spate of bold, business-hours bike thefts right at the Lincoln Square Athletic club on Lincoln Ave. at Leland. The thiev…

Started by Sarah D.

4 Aug 9, 2017
Reply by Tony Adams

Most Chicago intersections named "deadliest" haven't been fixed

CDOT named these the most dangerous intersections in Chicago for cyclists in 2012: Fullerton/Halsted/Lincoln Milwaukee/California Milwauk…

Started by SamK

8 May 4, 2017
Reply by SamK

Call the Park District to get Saftey Cones/ Painted Cross walks on the LFT

I ride the LFT most of the year. After last summer's "re-surfacing, I had hoped that the Park District would follow up and paint the crossw…

Started by JoelS

8 Apr 21, 2017
Reply by Wuffie

Bicycling Safety Survey

Fellow cyclists:We are all aware of some biases held by drivers about bicyclists, and it is safe to say that there is bad behavior from all…

Started by Bruce

3 Feb 24, 2017
Reply by Melissa Zammit

200 Mile ride to Grand Rapids, MI

Hi all! I'm new on here!!  I am planning a 200 mile (nearly 200, I'm rounding up!) ride to Grand Rapids, MI in early October and raising mo…

Started by Sloan Dorr

15 Aug 23, 2016
Reply by Bob Kastigar

New app helps riders find safer, quieter routes

PBR (Personal Bike Routing) is a free app that helps riders with ios phones to find safer, quieter routes in Chicago and NYC. The app was d…

Started by Nate Hutcheson

2 Jul 16, 2016
Reply by Paul Lazzaro

Infographic: Tips for Drivers

Today as I nearly got clipped trying to cross the street at a clearly marked intersection I wondered if the IL crosswalk law was included i…

Started by April

2 Jul 8, 2016
Reply by Mike Keating

Proposed Missouri Law Requiring Cyclists to "Fly a Flourescent Flag"

This reminds me of the flags they used to have on kids bikes. Ridiculous to expect adults to add these flags to their bikes. This sounds li…

Started by Yasmeen

15 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by David Barish

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service