The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'routes' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Add your bike wisdom to the Chicago map in 10 words or fewer!

The New York Times is showing up our local papers by providing maps of cities across the country and inviting people to add markers with br…

Started by Michelle S

6 Jun 21, 2013
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Can a modern smartphone replace a cue sheet?

I am due for a new smartphone, and I am planning to do longer rides. Currently I have an entry level Garmin bike GPS, which works well for…

Started by Duppie

10 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by WillG

Suggestions for commuting along North Glenwood (southbound)

I commute via Glenwood Ave. However, on my Southbound journey, south of Ridge it becomes one way north. Once I can make it past Ridge, I bi…

Started by Richard

22 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Madopal (16.5 mi)

Chicago to Milwaukee - Riders? Routes?

I plan on riding to Milwaukee tomorrow, spending the night, and then riding back on Friday (or taking the Metra if I'm too lazy to go the w…

Started by Alex Moroz

23 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Loan L.

south side bike routes (current conditions on Vincennes)

This thread comes from the previous discussion about protected bike lanes on Kinzie.   If you could only "protect" 1 or 2 miles of Vincenne…

Started by Anne Alt

9 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

the plague of speed humps

I was inspired by Gin's discussion thread about Humboldt Park traffic calming and thought I'd talk about speed humps in general.  I don't f…

Started by Anne Alt

18 May 30, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

You should LIKE Bikes on the Ike - Let's get a dedicated bike path on the redevelopment of I290

Please LIKE Bikes on the Ike. http://on.fb.me/iWODGl    As many of you may know (or not know), the Eisenhower Expressway is getting a compl…

Started by Bobby's Bike Hike- Chicago Tours

35 May 25, 2011
Reply by Mark Kenseth

Messy side street or busy clear street with no bike lane?

My commute is from Rogers Park to Skokie. I consider myself largely lucky because I take Howard west and Dodge (California) north, to Oakto…

Started by Jera Sue

19 Jan 6, 2011
Reply by Minh

Take the Safe Routes to School Parent Survey

CDOT would like your thoughts about children walking or biking to school.  Your responses will help our planners and engineers understand m…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

0 Nov 12, 2010

Routes north??

I'm from out of town, spending the summer in Lincoln Square. I was looking to do a 70-80 mile training ride tomorrow. Can anyone suggest a…

Started by Nathan Hoks

8 Jun 24, 2010
Reply by Nathan Hoks

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service