The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'news' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insider info for folks needing bike parts on the cheap

So, whats the hubbub? Performance Bikes is filing chapter 11. Paper work is still being processed at the moment, but keep an eye on the sto…

Started by CDubs

6 Nov 20, 2018
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

A non-bicyclists guide to commuting gear

Link first, then opinions:https://coolmaterial.com/rides/bike/best-bike-gadgets-commuter/ How to Outfit Your Bike to Be a Pro Commuter 1. W…

Started by Jaik S.

1 Aug 9, 2018
Reply by Doug Haynes

Favorite Bicycling Magazine(s)

Print or Digital?Name your favorite bicycling magazines! Go!

Started by Berg Jensen

13 Mar 12, 2015
Reply by Rick Schukat (6.3mi)

Avis buys Zipcar for $500 million...does it matter?

Like a couple of you out there, I use the car-shares so I can avoid car ownership and rely on biking everywhere.  So I find that car-sharin…

Started by Melissa

14 May 30, 2013
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Walter’s Perspective: Washington Street Bike Plan Could Create Gridlock

Did anyone catch this piece by Walter Jacobson last week? I was out of town and not as diligent about checking the forum, but a quick sear…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

10 Feb 25, 2013
Reply by BruceBikes

Unicycles Ride the Inaugural Parade

A gym class in Maine takes these kids on a route passed the White House.  Perhaps the first bikes in this parade?  Either way, the hand-hol…

Started by Melissa

0 Jan 16, 2013

Doping, Driver Emotions...stories worth a look and listen.

Hey Chainlink.  For your weekend enjoyment, here are two fairly recent stories from opposite corners of the bike-o-sphere that I've found…

Started by Melissa

0 Dec 14, 2012

J.C. Lind Bikes on WGN Tops In The AM Promo from 11/11/11

Link here - http://www.wgntv.com/news/morningnews/wgntv-new-wgn-morning-news-promo-nov11,0,6847263.story?utm_source=J.C.+Lind+Bike+Co.+News

2 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by S.Presley☠

Texting/calling while biking is now prohibited. Anyone willing to be interviewed for their opinion?

A new ordinance was passed on October 3rd banning Chicago cyclists from texting/calling (without the use of a hands-free device) while biki…

Started by Michelle Koh

2 Oct 22, 2011
Reply by Michelle Koh

Helmet Law Repealed in Israel

Article link here   As calls for mandatory helmet laws continue to gather pace in the UK and particularly inNorthern Ireland, where the iss…

0 Aug 16, 2011

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service