The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'lane' (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Elston Protected Bike Lane--Zero Maintenance Zone

Are they any other regular users of the newish Elston protected bike lanes...north of Milwaukee ave? I've been a bit deflated (pun intended…

Started by Brian

55 Jan 13, 2020
Reply by Brian S

Did anyone witness a crash on Milwaukee Ave. Thurs. 11/30?

Asking for a friend.... Did you (or anyone you know) witness a crash at Milwaukee and Augusta at 8:55 a.m. this morning (Thursday 11/30)? I…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Dec 5, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

Be a part of making Chicago biking safer!

Hey Chicago Bicycle friends! Would you like to be a part of making Chicago a safer place to bike? I need your insights on what it's like b…

Started by Bike Lane Uprising

48 Oct 10, 2017
Reply by Bike Lane Uprising

car starts to weave into your lane, you knock/bang to get their attention... they are a cop...

I saw a car stoped askew and a bicyclist down when I got to Desplanes and Washington this morning. I recognized the cyclist as someone whom…

Started by Ben R.

197 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

DNAinfo, "Tickets for Parking in Bike Paths on the Rise (MAP)"

While the number of tickets is slowly on the rise, is it adequately keeping up with the bike lane growth? Parking in the bike lane is a saf…

Started by Yasmeen

5 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by Jeremy

a different kind of bike lane conflict

Today I was talking with a disabled friend who gets around in a wheelchair. He was telling me about a dark side to our new protected bike l…

Started by Anne Alt

18 Oct 29, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Help a driver out...

I am a cycle commuter...in the suburbs. I'm not really experienced with today's bike lakes in the city of Chicago. I used to ride in the ci…

Started by Irvin Steinert

6 Oct 19, 2015
Reply by Cameron 7.5 mi

100 mile PBL goal met? Not exactly. Still a great "bike network" milestone for CDOT.

Chicagoist must have gone off the press release for this article, "Chicago has finally reached the mayor's ambitious goal of installing mor…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Oct 12, 2015

Great news! Kinzie Street's protected bike lane will stay in place.

"CDOT & Reilly Reach a Consensus on Kinzie: The Protected Lanes Will Remain" Full story at Chicago Streetsblog: http://chi.streetsblog

Started by Yasmeen

8 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by Nancy L. Fagin

New Protected Bike Lane on Roosevelt Is Nearly Complete

https://www.facebook.com/chicagobikes

Started by Yasmeen

3 Jul 13, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service