The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'crash' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike crash this morning on Milwaukee

I was riding Milwaukee this morning around 8:40 and passed a fire engine on the west side. Looked like they were tending to a cyclist on th…

Started by Madopal (16.5 mi)

5 Aug 9, 2019
Reply by Doug Haynes

Did anyone witness a crash on Milwaukee Ave. Thurs. 11/30?

Asking for a friend.... Did you (or anyone you know) witness a crash at Milwaukee and Augusta at 8:55 a.m. this morning (Thursday 11/30)? I…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Dec 5, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

Disturbing Incident Report on Facebook/UK Village

Read this on the Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Watch Facebook page.  A man in pickup truck was headed west on Grand. He suddenly pulled ov…

Started by Brian

8 Mar 25, 2017
Reply by Brian

Response to cyclist's death in North Center, 9/26

**I live in North Center and commute downtown to work every day. I just finished crying in my office after hearing about this. I wrote this…

Started by Erin Vogel

61 Sep 29, 2016
Reply by David H

Any info re: fatal bicycle crash on Monday 8/22/16 involving woman (mid-50s)?

All: Does anyone have details on a fatal bike crash that occurred on Monday, 8/22/16 involving a woman in her mid-50s? The deceased is a re…

Started by Liz

6 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

A Few Fun Facts from My Commute Tonight: Skirtsplaining & A Near-Dooring That Ended in a Flip-Flop Shaming

So the worst part about the driver tonight that opened their door so fast that I had to swerve on my bike into traffic to avoid getting hit…

Started by Erin Vogel

24 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Bike Dislodged from CTA bus rack on LSD

Today, at approximately 11am, I was on a 146 express from my Uptown neighborhood to downtown. Upon exiting LSD the driver came to an absolu…

Started by Daniel Lewis

7 Jan 25, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

Has anyone ever fallen asleep riding a bike?

"Asleep at the wheel: second driver reports nodding off before fatal crash," by Tom Held.

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

41 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by joe

Looking for witnesses: hit and run at Lawrence and Bernard

Hi folks, I'm reaching out to see if I can find anyone who witnessed the car that hit me today. I am ok and I actually did not fall of my b…

Started by Tom~~

5 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by Dean Bekken

Watch: Cars vs. Cyclist – Who is at Fault?

Thought you guys would enjoy... http://unofficialnetworks.com/watch-cars-cyclist-fault-130987/

Started by Paul Gnarlo

12 May 29, 2014
Reply by Michael A

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service