The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'Winter' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

YASMEEN AND ME ON WBEZ THIS MORNING

It was great to be on with you, Yasmeen, this morning on WBEZ.  You're very insightful about winter cycling.  The Chainlink community appre…

Started by Shawn A Conley

9 Jan 7, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Wacky bicycle Invention

I have been developing a bicycle to elliptical conversion kit called Up-Ride. I have entered the boca bearings contest to try to win $5000.…

Started by Joseph Prosnitz

0 Oct 12, 2015

Has anyone ever crashed (or know anyone who has) as a result of too much salt on the road?

I'm a journalist (and year-round rider) working on a story. Get in touch if you have a story or know someone who does. scottklocksin [*at*…

Started by Scott Klocksin

10 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Scott Klocksin

Anyone with a table at the winter bike swap need a third, or want to go in on a halfsie?

I don't seem to be getting a response on the event page so trying here.  I would like to represent my little phone case business at the Win…

Started by Dirke

0 Jan 25, 2014

Frozen Hydration when winter riding

When it isn't appropriate to mix in 2 oz of Jack Daniels in your water bottle and you use Nunn hydration electrolyte (salt) tablets, how do…

Started by Lee Rogowski

15 Feb 14, 2013
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Handmade Bicycle Show in Denver - Free Pass

Hello again everyone! I think I am signing on to be an exhibitor at the Handmade Bicycle Show in Denver on February 22-24th.  I'm going to…

Started by Erin Rensink

0 Jan 29, 2013

Crotch related questions: Dealing with winter.

Hi, I've got a few crotch-related, yet serious, questions for you tough bikers out there. They are pretty old hat, but I didn't see any ans…

Started by Ed

30 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by S Schrader

Bike lock freezing up-need advice

My first winter of biking.My Onguard U-lock keeps freezing up big time.Anyone have advice about preventing it,or any good tricks for when i…

Started by Ace Mann

20 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by buddaa38

FS Winter cycling shoes for small feet

For the Roadie or Mtb-er, take your pick! Both pairs are used but in great shape, NikWaxed and treads/threads all good   Lake MX300, 2005 y…

Started by Anne

1 Jan 14, 2012
Reply by Anne

Funny Bike Winter Beer Ad

I just saw this on Cope Cycle Chic's guide to biking in the winter and thought you would all enjoy it.   Here's the link just in case the e…

Started by April

11 Nov 16, 2011
Reply by A.K.A Paul

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service