The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'Theft' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stolen beloved bike-Please help!!!

Hi Chicago friends, I had my SE Lager bike stolen out of a garage in Wicker Park today and would really love to see it back. The bike truly…

Started by Alice Viana

5 Jun 11, 2015
Reply by Aaron Jones

The BikeSpike - GPS/Tracker for your bicycle

It's on kickstarter. It's from Chicago. It looks like a small and great idea, and I'm backing it. It fits in a custom water bottle cage tha…

Started by Jaik S.

34 Apr 7, 2015
Reply by Jaik S.

Bike Stolen Out of Garage, What Can You Do?

Hi there! I hate that this is my first post here. My Trek FX 7.1 was stolen from my family's shared garage sometime between 5 PM on Tuesda…

Started by MC

5 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Stolen Handlebars

Are bikes getting stripped for parts more frequently? I locked my bike - front and rear wheel through frameset - in front of the store wher…

Started by Ross Cavanagh

4 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Yolondra Yarborough

THE BIKE THIEF Chapter 1: It’s Always Sunny in Chicago Alleys

I think it’s safe to say that *serious* bike thievery is on the rise.  Over a dozen reports of sawed u-locks on the stolen bike register in…

Started by T.C. O'Rourke

41 Dec 3, 2012
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Zigtebra's new music video trailer about Bike Theft!

Hi Y'all!  My brother and I are a band called Zigtebra and we are debuting a musical about the theft of my Red Pony.  My red Univega Arrows…

Started by Emily Rose Giddings

2 Sep 22, 2012
Reply by Omar Lopez

Parts theft in the Loop

Just wanted to let everyone know that in the last week I've had two parts stolen from my bike locked up in front of my office at 30 N. LaSa…

Started by Brendan Kevenides

20 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Jin Nam

Bike Theft Insurance

I'm wondering if anybody has some guidance regarding financial compensation for stolen bikes. A friend of mine recently had a sweet ride st…

Started by A.I. Kay

9 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by A.I. Kay

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service