The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Court Arraignment for Ryne San Hamel; the Man Charged In the Death of Bobby Cann

For anyone interested in attending a court date as a member of the public in Bobby's case; this is the one to make! This is the hearing in…

Started by Philip Bird

2 Apr 30, 2016
Reply by Bob Kastigar

How long does your commute have to be ?

How long does your commute have to be before you don your biking specific gear ? My commute is about 8 miles one way, I'm generally in just…

Started by Steve Mac

15 Apr 29, 2016
Reply by kb

Bicyclist dies more than a month after being struck by car in Lake View

A bicyclist died more than a month after he was struck by a vehicle in the Lake View neighborhood on the North Side. Joseph Korner, 78 of t…

Started by Bob Kastigar

5 Apr 28, 2016
Reply by V W

Lucas Museum Will Not Be Built in Proposed Location

Emanuel razzed the parks group for its seemingly pro-tarmac stance, mocking it as "Friends of the Parking Lot." Gino Generelli, a local te…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Apr 27, 2016

Bike Commuting in a Motorized World - Infographic

http://www.laybournelawfirm.com/bike-commuting-in-a-motorized-world-infographic/ Source:Infographic compiled by Brad Laybourne Law 10-14-'…

Started by Tom A.K.

15 Apr 25, 2016
Reply by Steve Mac

"Halbrad half-bike is a rolling rear triangle for the streets"

http://www.gizmag.com/halbrad-half-bike/42727/ Source: Gizmag.com. Article by. C.C.Weiss. 4-11-16 This looks like it could be fun to ride…

Started by Tom A.K.

7 Apr 18, 2016
Reply by Joe Guzzardo

Chicago to Build 50 Miles of ‘Better Bike Lanes’

Chicago's first protected bike lane was installed on Kinzie Street in June 2011. On Monday, the city announced plans to design new bike lan…

Started by Gene Tenner

15 Apr 15, 2016
Reply by John Wirtz

City backing after-school program to teach bicycle mechanics to teens

An after-school program that teaches bicycle mechanics to neighborhood teens on the North and West sides has been given a boost by Mayor Ra…

Started by Bob Kastigar

1 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Close call on Washtenaw, near Armitage

To the bicyclist that almost ended up as a hood ornament on my van, my apologies. I do accept some of the blame, as I failed to see you unt…

Started by Brian

5 Apr 11, 2016
Reply by David H

CDOT Meetings in March and April: Asking Residents Where Future Bike Lanes Should Be

This is a good chance to provide input on future bike lanes on the West Side and the South Side. I'll be adding these to the Chainlink cale…

Started by Yasmeen

12 Apr 8, 2016
Reply by john89

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service