The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Southwest side bike issues

We've had some discussion lately about the need for more bike facilities on the southwest. Folks have spoken up about Archer and other stre…

Started by Anne Alt

74 Jun 2, 2016
Reply by Barbara K Iverson

Salt Creek Trail question

I'm thinking about heading out to the Salt Creek Trail tomorrow (Monday 5/30) morning, starting at the Brookfield Woods FP and riding west…

Started by Adam C.

3 May 30, 2016
Reply by Adam C.

Best biking cities in the U.S. of A.: Chicago on the sixth place

The article is here (Active.com) Just an observation: all the cities above Chicago on the list have less protected bike lanes, and two of t…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov

4 May 18, 2016
Reply by Jim Reho

Indoor bike parking near Monroe & Wacker?

I'm fortunate that my building has secure, indoor bike parking. A friend of mine is starting a new job in the vicinity of Monroe & Wack…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi

5 May 17, 2016
Reply by Apie (11)

Cosmic Bikes Opens in Chicago's Jefferson Park!

We're lucky to have a new bike shop here, and its Open House is tomorrow. Right across from Wilson Park, 4641 N. Milwaukee....open noon to…

Started by Tom Lang

1 May 16, 2016
Reply by Cheryl

BLT

I received a notice from Active Trans that the 2016 Boulevard Lakefront Tour has been cancelled. Why?

Started by R.D. Yant

5 May 16, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Cyclist hit and dragged by SUV in Bridgeport

On Monday afternoon, Scott Jacobson was cycling home after dropping his two boys off at wrestling practice.  He was struck by a SUV near 35…

Started by Maurice

12 May 12, 2016
Reply by Peter Kuehnel

Request for Ghost Bike for Joseph Korner, 78, 3559 North Lincoln, November 6, 2014

Joseph Korner, 78, 3559 North Lincoln, November 6, 2014 Reposting as a forum thread (originally posted in the Ghost Bike Group) My origina…

Started by Yasmeen

18 May 12, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Bronzeville's First Bike Shop Opens Friday

This is exciting news. :-) GRAND BOULEVARD — Bronzeville is getting its first bike shop on Friday when one of the former mechanics at Blac…

Started by Yasmeen

2 May 11, 2016
Reply by Moc Artsy

The 6O6 First Birthday Party - Festive Block Party

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160509/humboldt-park/606s-1st-birthday-festive-block-party-music-night-time-march Source: DnaInfo.com Ar…

Started by Tom A.K.

0 May 10, 2016

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service