The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

$4.75 Million Donation for Repair of Lakefront Trail, Information on the Reopening

Billionaire hedge fund manager Ken Griffin is donating $4.75 million to repair portions of Chicago's Lakefront Trail damaged by weather and…

Started by Yasmeen

5 Jul 6, 2020
Reply by Jim Reho

Avondale: Driver of City-Owned Truck Hit 31-Year-Old Cyclist, Woman Critically Injured

This is a truck owned by the city of Chicago.  "A bicyclist was run over and critically injured by a city vehicle Tuesday morning in Avond…

Started by Yasmeen

23 Jul 6, 2020
Reply by ketoguychicago

"We Must Talk About Race When We Talk About Bikes"

Worth a careful read. Tamika Butler talks about the same issues that we see in Chicago. The lack of infrastructure and bike share (Divvy, e…

Started by Yasmeen

33 Jun 22, 2020
Reply by Paul Lazzaro

Fight the Dickens Avenue Greenway NIMBYs!

Chicago Department of Transportation data shows that neighborhood greenways, traffic-calmed side-street bike routes, increase biking and de…

Started by John Greenfield

17 Jun 12, 2020
Reply by curt(is) locke

Bike Share in Chicago and DC taken offline until further notice

City officials requested both Divvy and Capital bike share to take the bikes offline.  https://twitter.com/DivvyBikes/status/12671838688738

Started by Yasmeen

0 May 31, 2020

Event Requests

I got an event request for Critical Mass for end of May and I'll be honest, I'm uncomfortable with pressing "approve". Here's why... There…

Started by Yasmeen

2 Apr 27, 2020
Reply by ketoguychicago

Study on What a Safe Distance Is When Out Riding, Running, Walking

Makes a strong argument for open streets options and while we need to rethink narrow paths right now. Given there are essential workers, we…

Started by Yasmeen

9 Apr 14, 2020
Reply by ketoguychicago

Chicago Critical Mass

I don't see any posting in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" I didn't see any ride reports or information about the January ride. Has the Cri…

Started by Bob Kastigar

41 Mar 16, 2020
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Rte 53 Extension TRAIL POSSIBILITY! - please sign a witness slip

https://activetrans.org/blog/support-bill-to-re-envision-route-53-extension The state had planned a highway extension all the way to Graysl…

Started by Marcusn

3 Feb 5, 2020
Reply by Skip Montanaro 0mi

I rode today. Did you?

Nice first ride in the COLD.  

Started by in it to win it 8.0 mi

8444 Feb 3, 2020
Reply by N It 2 Win It 2.0

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service