The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (11,967)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Use the whole lane if you need to!

This is my second and last thread on the question of lanes.  I noticed that on Damen south of Lake Street, the cars get two lanes.  The on…

Started by SlowCoachOnTheRoad

5 Jun 5
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Dickens bike greenway

I received an email from Alderman Smith about a community meeting regarding a bike greenway on Dickens.  The meeting will be run by CDOT.…

Started by Jeremy

32 Jun 5
Reply by Mark

Where to enter a bike lane suggestion?

Wasn't sure where one could make a City bike lane suggestion.  I left it with Chicago Complete Streets site.  I wrote: Hi. Where can one as…

Started by SlowCoachOnTheRoad

5 Jun 5
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Good news: Riverwalk security guards will stop hassling you on your AM commute

I did a little IRL trolling by riding the Chicago Riverwalk in this t-shirt yesterday. In the process, I learned that the riverwalk managem…

Started by John Greenfield

10 Jun 3
Reply by ketoguychicago

Your friendly PSA

You need affirmative consent to draft a stranger. This morning I spent a good chunk of my commute on the LFT with an extremely tall, extre…

Started by lft_rat

10 May 29
Reply by TonyP

Dark Lord Day tickets

go on sale Saturday

Started by bobweiser

12 May 29
Reply by bobweiser

Garfield Park bike shop??!?

Looking to open bike shop on Madison & Pulaski retail corridor of Garfield Park. I've got the space, looking for individual or group to…

Started by BN

6 May 29
Reply by BN

Metro Area Trail Conditions

Thanks to an almost nonexistent Spring with excessive amounts of rainfall it makes me wonder if we're heading into a mini-ice age. The lime…

Started by George Schick

1 May 28
Reply by MagMileMarauder

An in-the-saddle exit interview with Rahm as he starts his Lake Michigan trip

ICYMI, I chased down Rahm, as he bicycled out of town to ride 1,000 miles around lake Michigan, to conduct an on-bike interview with him ab…

Started by John Greenfield

2 May 24
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Impressions of Last Night

With the awesome weather yesterday, I'm sure many of you were eager to get some longer time in the saddle. Though, for me, there was someth…

Started by Tooscrapps

5 May 24
Reply by Tooscrapps

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service