The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (11,967)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Starting the Mayor on the Right Foot

The Active Transportation Alliance sent out to all members a form letter, already composed and addressed, to Mayor Lori Lightfoot...all it…

Started by clp

25 on Friday
Reply by Harry Lee

Which way is the wind really blowing?

I've heard a lot of seemingly contradictory claims about cycling and driving in the last several years.  I hear every year that more people…

Started by Jim Reho

9 on Friday
Reply by ketoguychicago

Multi-Day Trail Bike Camp Suggestions

Hey Chainlinkers: I'm afraid the flooding in Missouri has put a hold on my Katy Trail bike camping plans this year. Does anyone have sugge…

Started by Kevin Dekkinga

7 on Thursday
Reply by Mike Schwab

Overnight Navy Pier Flyover work postponed by ‘mechanical problems’: CDOT

“Due to mechanical problems, this work cannot be completed tonight,” CDOT officials wrote in a statement. Planned overnight work on the Nav…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Jun 11

Lots of new features in the new CDOT bike map

The new map includes info on the Dutch Reach anti-dooring technique, staying safe around trucks, which of the new crop of electric vehicles…

Started by John Greenfield

3 Jun 10
Reply by John Greenfield

Cyclists Viewed as Cockroaches

"As for why cockroaches were chosen? The researchers found online slurs against cyclists used that insect reference the most often, as a wa…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Jun 10

Taking Care of Your Mind, Body, and Spirit: Your Bicycle Can Help

Your bike can indeed contribute in helping you deal with many health issues.  https://www.bicycling.com/news/a27703015/britney-spears-self-

Started by Tom A.K.

1 Jun 8
Reply by Tom A.K.

Selling the trusty 2017 Haanjo

Is it ok to post this? https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/d/chicago-2017-haanjo-exp-carbon-56cm/6906957384.html Switched out the origin…

Started by Ernesto Lube

0 Jun 7

Belmont painted lines

As of yesterday... when I approach the Belmont portion of the Lake Front Trail, I grip my bars tightly in anticipation for stupidity and ig…

Started by Ernesto Lube

3 Jun 7
Reply by Ernesto Lube

Heat Molding in Chicago

Does anyone know of any retailers in Chicago that offer heat molding services for bike shoes? Thanks in advance for your recommendations!…

Started by Jill Hernandez

0 Jun 6

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service