The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (11,831)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

LFP - Car Wreck

This morning, there was car debris all over both LFP lanes and a police car blocking one of the LFP lanes between Diversey and Belmont. The…

Started by Wuffie

18 Dec 4
Reply by John Greenfield

LFP Closure

I look forward to improvements on the Lakefront Path but detours must be provided while construction is underway.  This is unacceptable: (…

Started by djm

41 Nov 30
Reply by Patricia Unsinn

Anyone brave the snow this morning?

I wussed out and took the CTA to work. Saw on Twitter that Kinzie was cleared but Milwaukee and Dearborn were not.

Started by Alex Z

12 Nov 29
Reply by V W

Is drinking PBR required to be an "urban cyclist"?

So yeah, last night I rode out to meet a buddy for a beer, and a fellow in the bar commented to me how the lack of clipless pedals and the…

Started by Vondo

71 Nov 29
Reply by Emily B

14 Cyclist (1 driver) Crash in Miami Area

Motorist hit group ride this morning. IMO, distracted driving should be criminal. Not happy with the assessment by police going easy on a d…

Started by Yasmeen

14 Nov 28
Reply by mike w.

City promises to open part of long-awaited Navy Pier Flyover before Christmas

The city’s head of transportation on Tuesday promised that part of the long-awaited Navy Pier Flyover will be finished and open for bikes a…

Started by Bob Kastigar

1 Nov 28
Reply by BikeScnhook

I Feel Invisible

Sure, I have a higher powered headlight and a blinking red rear light. BUT, motorists still seem to be blind and oddly, driving too fast do…

Started by Yasmeen

22 Nov 27
Reply by LJS

Can we all agree that the Kinzie bridge Kathy plates...

...are not a safe place to pass a cyclist in dry conditions, let alone in the slippery conditions we had this morning when a cyclist tried…

Started by Alex Z

8 Nov 26
Reply by Gage B.

Bicycle-related pin designs

My buddy and I have designed a bunch of bicycle-related pins. We're both graphic designers in Chicago and have a love for bicycling. Hopefu…

Started by Marcusn

4 Nov 24
Reply by Marcusn

Seat post compatible with Pinhead seat lock.

Hi All, I purchased a new bike and would like to protect my seat (collar is already secured) with my pinhead seat lock. Problem is, the sea…

Started by Josh Stillman

0 Nov 21

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service