The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (11,923)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

idea for improved streetlight timing

When Chicago really becomes a bike friendly city, we'll have all the lights timed. Small streets should be timed at 10, medium-level street…

Started by evanK

4 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Jon

Tech question, advise needed on gearing set up

I picked up a new (salsa casserole) frame this week and need a little help. I am planning on setting it up with a single chainring up front…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

6 Sep 28, 2008
Reply by Tommie

I love you but i hate you, commuting etiquette

I love to see all these people on bikes on my way home from work. Everyday its like a little parade down Milwaukee ave. Inevitably, I pass…

Started by Kevin Mulcky

19 Sep 27, 2008
Reply by vxla

Weekend plans?

God. Just can't get enough of this summerish weather! Anyway, does anyone have any riding plans this weekend? I picked up a Miyata that's b…

Started by justJason

5 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by M.A.R.K.

open challenge

Anyone want to race? point A to point B or light to light during commute? take what ever route you want Nothing won or lost, this is jus…

Started by 2slowtrek

3 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by 2slowtrek

(Back)Yard Sale- Bikey and Non-Bikey Stuff- September 27 2008- 11 am

i'm having a (back)yardsale this weekend. i've got a lot of crap to get rid of and i'm sure there's lots of you that want/need bikey and no…

Started by Curvedwallride

9 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Leah

North Shore Century Meeting Place This Sunday - 7:05 AM

So for those of us doing the century this Sunday we are going to meet at the corner of Lawrence/Ashland at 7:05 AM to ride down to Evanston…

Started by Julie Hochstadter

32 Sep 24, 2008
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Holy Bottom Bracket Chris King!!!

Ok, A lot of you probably know that Chris King makes a headset that will outlast multiple bicycles. (I have one that has been transplanted…

Started by Tommie

8 Sep 23, 2008
Reply by Tommie

still needin some XC parts

Everything used and cheap but still working. Really, it needs to work. 1) 31.8 front Derailleur. 105, Ultegra or DA. Don't matter. DOUBLE.…

Started by Tommie

0 Sep 23, 2008

Three Cheers for West Town Bikes!

I'm sure many of you have been to West Town Bikes. If you haven't you really should visit the shop or take a class at 2418 West North Ave.…

Started by Julie Hochstadter

1 Sep 23, 2008
Reply by Julie Hochstadter

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service