The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Auto Show Shutdown?

In the old days, we had a big demonstration trying to shut down the show that promoted car driving.  When did this end?  Or is it still hap…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Feb 7

Big Marsh Park looks to add new mountain bike trails

Big Marsh Park looks to add new mountain bike trails after supporters raise $360K of $1.5M goal The mountain bike trails will include ramps…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Jan 23

Wanted: Chrome ike windshirt

I know this is a long shot - but I lost my fav cycling jacket a couple years ago. If anyone has a chrome ike windshirt in XL that they'd li…

Started by mweerd

0 Jan 10

How far you've ridden in 2023

Start early!  Get a head start, maybe you'll stay ahead of everybody else. Just keep the rubber side down and the wind at your back.

Started by Bob Kastigar

53 Jan 1
Reply by Patricia Unsinn

Finally! My long-awaited ebike conversion kit

I always knew that one day I'd want to convert my 1996 Trek 730 Multitrack (hybrid) to an ebike. It fits me well and is nicely set up to de…

Started by Jim Reho

2 Nov 3, 2023
Reply by Jim Reho

Reckless driving in metro Chicago

We can continue this discussion on the OP from 2009 if you all prefer. Lately, on the streets of Evanston where I have quietly and safely…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

1 Oct 31, 2023
Reply by Jim Reho

Tour de France 2024

https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route ROUTEThis will be the first Grand Départ in Italy and the 26th that’s taken place abroad First final…

Started by Bob Kastigar

1 Oct 26, 2023
Reply by ketoguychicago

Safe Routes to School project proposals sought

SPRINGFIELD – With summer break coming to an end and students hitting the books, the Illinois Department of Transportation announced today…

Started by Bob Kastigar

1 Oct 24, 2023
Reply by Kimberly Mantiz

Cyclist's ride and courage

https://bikepanel.com/cyclist-saved-from-beeri-massacre-israel/ An incredible cycling ordeal, with a bike used for a bit as a survival tool…

Started by ketoguychicago

1 Oct 16, 2023
Reply by ketoguychicago

Update for the bus to Madison, Wisconsin from Chicago

So I arrived on my flight from Washington, DC to O'Hare Airport last night and I saw something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Van Galder/Coach USA h…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

5 Oct 1, 2023
Reply by Len Krietz

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service