The Chainlink

Fellow Commuters: 

Anyone interested in helping with an organized effort to make sure that candidates running in the 2011 Chicago and suburban election appreciate commuters and are interested in representing us as equal users of the road?

I am a year-round commuter and cycling enthusiast and feel fortunate to be working full-time to organize within the cycling community in order to influence these elections on behalf of the active transportation community. 

There will definitely be a new mayor and possibly 20+ new alderman, i.e. we are going to have A COMPLETELY NEW CITY GOVERNMENT and thus also THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET OUR AGENDA ON THE TABLE AT A TIME WHEN CHALLENGER- AND INCUMBENT-CANDIDATES ALIKE ARE LISTENING. 

Email or call me directly at Lankford.john@gmail.com or 847.287.8281 about getting involved - we are called Walk Bike Transit and our blurb is below.   

Thanks, John

-- Walk Bike Transit (WBT) is a political action committee working to facilitate political communication between constituents and candidates for the 2011 Chicago and suburban elections.  Through grassroots organizing, WBT is ensuring that candidates are aware of both the importance of active transportation to healthy communities, as well as the constituency of voters to whom the issue is important. 

Views: 19

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service