The Chainlink

This Discussion is to provide up-to-date information regarding the Major Taylor Trail. When you ride it, please provide a brief report here.

Views: 231

Replies to This Discussion

ooo, thanks for sharing. 

Over the weekend I rode the trail between 87th and 121st. Trail conditions were generally excellent. 

Other than a small amount of broken glass right at 111th St. (most of which I picked up), that whole length of trail was pretty much free of broken glass. Thank you Chicago Park District!

A portion of the on-street section of the trail is torn up for water/sewer reconstruction. This is a MAJOR construction that may last a while. It affects Charles St. from 95th to 97th.  I've mapped 2 different detours for this section of the trail.

Version 1 is straightforward and has a stoplight to cross 95th.

Version 2 is slightly shorter and a little trickier. Vanderpoel is closed to through traffic north of 95th, though it's possible to pass through a gate by the fire station. This involves a sharp turn, so it's worth slowing down there. There is a stoplight to cross 95th St.

Workday this Saturday 6/17. If you'd like to come and help out, we'd be happy to see you.

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/friends-of-the-major-taylor-trai...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service