The Chainlink

I know there was a post for 2011 but thought we could start fresh for pictures taken this year. 

First- hops coming up in April: 

Then, ridiculously large support built for said hops (bike thrown in for scale and because I love it)

Lastly, my cat attempting to destroy seedlings. After a frustrating year losing lots of seedlings to cats/weather/etc in 2011, I only started basil and kale indoors this year and, thanks to these sheet protectors, there were no cat-related casualties. YET. There is still time for her to defeat the system!

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

One of our hens hatched 10 chicks today.  I should have been snapping pics of our fruits and veggies for this thread, but the chicks are more photogenic.

Are these from the fertilized eggs you got?
I see some nice chicken dishes in your future...

Todd Allen said:

One of our hens hatched 10 chicks today.  I should have been snapping pics of our fruits and veggies for this thread, but the chicks are more photogenic.

Yes, we don't have a rooster, so when our hen went broody we got her a dozen fertilized eggs to foster.  An 11th hatched this morning, but the chick is weak and may not survive.  In a few minutes we are going to attempt to sex the chicks.  I don't expect we'll be able to keep any male ones once they mature so we may end up with a freezer full of chicken meat come October.

Gorgeous! How many hens do you have? 

Todd Allen said:

We have 4 mature laying hens.   Hopefully several of the chicks will mature into hens as well.

Anne B. said:

Gorgeous! How many hens do you have? 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service