1) You put on your jeans and they already have the right leg rolled up.
2) You do laundry when you don't have any more clean bike shorts.
This is the best reading I've done all week! Funny!
Michael A said:
You might be a cyclist if....
1. You tell a family of 5 in a crowded mall to "hold their line."
2. You have more water bottles than you have drinking glasses.
3. You have more cycling jerseys than work shirts.
4. Your cycling jersey IS your work shirt.
5. You get withdrawal symptoms if off the bike for more than a day.
6. You point at pot holes, but you are driving in your car alone.
7. While driving your car you yell at your passenger "Car back" as a vehicle approaches from behind.
8. Your bike is worth more than your car.
9. Weather forecasts can be broken down into 2 categories: good biking weather, bad biking weather.
10. You put your bicycle in your car, and the value of the total package increases by a factor of 4 (or better).
11. You have not one, not two, but three permanent chain ring scars on your right calf.
12. You wear a heart rate monitor during sex.
13. You crash... and insist on getting to the bike shop to have your bike checked out BEFORE going to the hospital.
14. you might be a cyclist if.... Your bike sleeps with you in the bedroom.
You say "On your left" when you walk past someone.
I hope you're using food-safe oil on those shprockets, JH?!! If you do this often, you might look into it. We use food-safe greases and oils in my plant at work, where we manufacture food and drink bottles.
Ha!! My bike does sleep in my room! But not with me. :-)
HA! Or when you have no idea when your license expires since you never drive!
Julie Hochstadter said:
your drivers license expires and you have to motivate to get to the DMV.
I just spoke (no pun) with the daughter of a church friend yesterday, back from Portland, OR who reports that there are local bikers there who are proud to have never had a driver's license.
She also said that there are at least one of every character from "Portlandia" in existence in Portland, and when she tries to bike over there, they yell at her for being too slow and getting in the way! Yeeesh!
Would you use dishwashing detergent or Simple Green degreaser to wash this load?
you can push yourself up onto the saddle without assistance of the curb or setting your saddle super low. bonus points if you can do the one where you jog next to your bike and mount. bonus bonus points if you're mounting a tall bike (that you built yourself of course).
When you drive and park your fiance's car, and although you remember to put money in the meter machine and print out the ticket, you inevitably place the ticket face down... and get a $60 parking ticket.
And on your drive home on LSD you have no idea what the speed limit is so you drive 40mph, which feels so fast since it's almost double what you could ever ride.
Can I quote you on that?!!? Thank you!
Jennifer on the lake said:
All your handbags are made by Po Campo.