The Chainlink

I'd like to try out cyclocross racing this season, but only have a pair of Gatorskin tires. 

Looking to see if anyone has a used pair they'd like to sell. Looking to spend about $25 

I'm just looking for something with a little bit of life left to try to practices and a race. 

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rapid Transit has some take off tires from some Cross Checks, be a little more than $25 for the pair but they are brand new.

The Ritchey Speedmax Comp 32mm CX tires that come on the Surly Cross Check are a decent CX tire.  I'm using them right now as my practice/spare tires and they seem to work quite well in the wet grass and light mud.   Dug's offer is  pretty good one, if you don't take it up I'm tempted to go pick them up myself.

I've picked up a few halfway decent CX tires at Working Bikes for $5 each but never have I found anything near brand new or as aggressive as the Speedmaxes. 

If you want to get more serious and have some better mud tires I'd suggest the Michelin Mud 2 -serious tires, a bit more money than that deal  on the Ritchey's at RT. 

I have a set of maxxis mimo cx tires with about 1/2 life left to them, $25 will take them , I am near lincoln square

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service