The Chainlink

Wanted: one (or two) SKS P45 700c rear fenders only, in silver

Just like the subject says, I'm looking for a rear fender to replace a damaged one. If there are more than one of you with a spare lying around, I have a friend who needs one, too. Complete with stays and hardware are preferred, but I could live with less.

Let me know if you've got one.

thanks,

David

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was actually just about to post a set of fenders I took off my bike.  They're not exactly what you're looking for, but they are silver.  PM me and I can send you a picture and details.

I've had unbelievably good customer service from SKS when something has gone wrong with one of my fenders. I'd contact them first and see if they can help you out. I just went onto their website and filled out a form and someone from a U.S. division contacted me.  

My problem with the fender is related to hardware that is non-original - three of the stay nuts are SKS stainless pieces, and the fourth is a plated steel Nylock nut because I couldn't find a fourth SS nut. I needed to adjust the stays to fit the fender on a different bike, but after a couple of winters, rust and perhaps galvanic corrosion have rendered that fastener seemingly irrevocably stuck. Many applications of PB Blaster, as much leverage as I can apply, long-term soaking in various suitable chemicals, etc. have done nothing, and I've bent the fender and the stay trying. Sourcing a replacement seems easier than trying to cut the nut off, since I don't have a tool that will drive a cutoff wheel with enough power to do it. So I don't think I can really blame the product for my problem - but it is, nonetheless, a good reminder! I've received excellent customer service from Ortlieb and they share either a parent company or a US distributor.

David

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service