The Chainlink

Vote by 12/2: Slogan for Anti-Dooring Campaign (Look Chicago)

We had an outstanding response to our call for our dooring awareness campaign slogans. Thanks to all who participated!

The slogan wil lbe included in driver and cyclist-focused educational materials as soon as January or February 2013. Look Chicago has narrowed the field down to the top six choices for selection. We will be adding verbiage around 'it's the law' for whichever selection receives the most votes.

Now it's up to you! This is an easy way to begin to make a difference. Vote by December 2

The winner slogan submitter will receive a free pair of Keen pro shoes.

Interested in Look Chicago? Check out our Chainlink group for details. 

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

None of these are really that great. None specifically tell motorists to look for cyclists before opening their car door.

This thread and/or the thread regarding an anti-dooring survey, the formation of an anti-dooring group, and a request for input on anti-dooring slogans have been rattling around on the chainlink for over a month and a half. Your response is neither helpful nor timely.

Adam Herstein said:

None of these are really that great. None specifically tell motorists to look for cyclists before opening their car door.

I am well aware of that – I even posted on the previous thread. I am just expressing my dislike for the six slogans that were ultimately chosen for this survey.

Kevin C said:

This thread and/or the thread regarding an anti-dooring survey, the formation of an anti-dooring group, and a request for input on anti-dooring slogans have been rattling around on the chainlink for over a month and a half. Your response is neither helpful nor timely.

Adam Herstein said:

Adam,

We aren't just targeting motorists with our group.  We are looking to educate cyclists, motorists and pedestrians (who ride in cabs).

Everyone involved in this relationship can help reduce, if not eliminate, car door crashes.  Thank you for your input and participating in our slogan survey.

@lookchicago

I would actually join a campaign that pass out pamphlets (on bike) that has a little bit of information about dooring to drivers, taxi drivers, passengers entering/exiting taxi cabs, etc.

The pamphlets could be half the size of a letter sized paper with a slogan and a photo that you have chosen from this thread, plus add an illustration - nothing too complicated.

Are you psychic Will?  

This is one of the things we are looking to do.  We have someone on board to help with the design of the pamphlet(s) and after the slogan contest will have that element wrapped up as well.

We will be posting events on the calendar when we start our flyer campaign so everyone and anyone who wants to help can assist.

Thanks for stirring the pot!

@lookchicago

This idea is great, but I must agree that the six options given range from clumsy to dry. I couldn't vote for any of them. Top of my head, the 2008 Clinton Miceli campaign ones, and the classic "Adore me, don't door me." are absent.
Frankly, I'd kick this around more, do research and add an Other box to the survey before settling.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service