The Chainlink

Traffic deaths jump 14% in 2015

The NSC partly attributes the jump in fatalities to the fact that people are driving more because gas is cheaper. On average, gas prices are down 30% from 2014.

There are also more commuters on the road heading to work, since the U.S. economy has been steadily adding jobs throughout 2015.

NSC president Deborah Hersman also attributes the uptick in fatal crashes to the fact that drivers are more distracted behind the wheel thanks to their phones, despite the fact that most states ban texting while driving.

"Americans are addicted to these devices," Hersman said, and roadside surveys conducted by the NSC found more Americans are on their phones despite the bans.

Linky

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep !

Soo looking forward to self driving vehicles so that the masses of distracted sheeple can concentrate on their all important dumb devices and vices.

Nice clickhole headline.  Yup, cars are worse than cancer.

I'm sure most other people would also choose having cancer over a car. 

I think you might want to be specific as to what the car is doing to the respondent when crafting this poll, Rich S.

Well, here's a little balance... Americans are liking their cars less and less:

http://news.yahoo.com/survey-recalls-americans-less-satisfied-cars-...

I love my car. My '63 Dodge Dart is a chick magnet. This sweet convertible is fully equipped with white wall tires, AM radio, heater, center dash mounted ash tray with cigarette lighter, outside rear view mirror and an automatic transmission, in the most drab beige available. Sure, it has a few minor dents, but that only adds to its character.

And if you're interested, here are the specs.

It looks like I'm going to be saying goodbye to my '63 Dodge Dart convertible. These wheels are much cooler....

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service