The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5:02 today. West bound fixie pixie on Chicago ave at Franklin. You blew the light made a car slam on its brakes and had to swerve to miss me crossing as a pedistrian with a walk sign. I saw your face. I owe you a good scare. I will be sure to pay this debt back. Hope to see u and ur manga hair cut again.

I can't really tell who was in the wrong.  While I slowly emerged from a viaduct, I saw the back of your head as you rolled through the stop sign.  Who looks right then left when coming to a stop?  That was a really close call.  I didn't have a stop sign, but I probably could've waited.  

It was a beautiful morning so you figured you would get on your bike.  I guess it was the first time you had done so in a long time because maybe you are out of practice. I will admit I am looking at the water bottle being half full with that assessment.

You were on Wells a few blocks before it is blocked. You suddenly pulled across three lanes of traffic which fortunately was light. You did not look and you surprised a cab driver who really did nothing wrong. In fact he save your life by hitting his brakes hard.  You turned left at Illinois.  I turned at Hubbard. I saw you a few minutes later riding the sidewalk southbound on LaSalle at about 10 mph while there was a full set of morning pedestrians on their way to work.  If you took out the headphones you likely would have heard some choice words from those pedestrians.    I suggest you ride home as if you are one of many actors on the stage rather than a lonely boy in your basement playing a video game called Commute. I hope you get home safely.

good reminder that the "fair weather riders" will be out in full force now.and crazy/stupid drivers' habits will probably rise as the temps rise too.

yeah.  Another cabbie and I were behind the guy on Wells.  After the rider had turned away and before we got moving again. The cabbie looked at me. I pointed at the rider and shook my head. He smiled.

dan brown 4.4 miles said:

good reminder that the "fair weather riders" will be out in full force now.and crazy/stupid drivers' habits will probably rise as the temps rise too.

I suggest you ride home as if you are one of many actors on the stage rather than a lonely boy in your basement playing a video game called Commute. I hope you get home safely.

Well said.

Ah fair weather riders...

To the gentleman on his new brown road bike out for a ride down the LFP when someone calls out"on your left" it does not mean move to the center line and turn around to signal the bike behind to take your right side. I would have found it comical if it were not so frustrating. You turned again when i called out and got a little annoyed with the recumbent bike when he did not pass you on the right, thing is he was not the one calling out it was me behind him. When i called out"no your other left" I was not trying to be a jerk just trying to get by three was no need to be smart w me as i finally was able to get by. Like on the freeway slower traffic should stay to the right.

I saw this again a few times today and it always bugs me.  If you're going straight through an intersection and can shoal up the front do not stay on the right and block traffic that can turn right on red.  Move to the center and give right turning traffic space.  I see it at the top of the lake front path a lot, even when the bike lane tries to direct riders to the left.  And I see it in town a lot, as well.

This is a real pet peeve of mine as well. Don't block the right turn lane. The added benefit is that you greatly reduce your chances of being right hooked.

Tricolor said:

I saw this again a few times today and it always bugs me.  If you're going straight through an intersection and can shoal up the front do not stay on the right and block traffic that can turn right on red.  Move to the center and give right turning traffic space.  I see it at the top of the lake front path a lot, even when the bike lane tries to direct riders to the left.  And I see it in town a lot, as well.

The ice patch motivated you ? Lmao ! I need that kind of speed motivation, just in a forward momentum-wheels-still-underneath-me style. Me no likee falling off of bike. Physics not kind to mere-mortal flesh. Must change to Hulk before fall.

Just trying to add some humor....

Tricolor said:

Just don't end up motivating one another into the path of a car or something.  That's happened to me once this year involving an ice patch along the lake that resulted in some bruises.

Way to stay with him for eight blocks though, you know, to confirm your suspicions about "cagers'" disregard for the safety of cyclists.

Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

To the "driver" of green and white cab #WHATEVER on LaSalle this morning - you brake-checking me from Wacker to Huron, then swerving over to cut me off at the Huron red light, closely enough that I had to brake to avoid hitting you, was not how I'd hoped to start my day. 

I hope the hard, open-handed slaps on your cab communicated how that kind of behavior makes people feel angry and frightened.  The look on your face suggested I might have made a connection.

Wondering when you're going to finally give it up, Kevin. You need to ask yourself what exactly it is you are trying to prove and why you care so much when people react to antagonistic and threatening motorist behavior in a way different from you. Not every situation can so easily be a "teaching moment". You are embarrassing yourself. 

Kevin C said:

Way to stay with him for eight blocks though, you know, to confirm your suspicions about "cagers'" disregard for the safety of cyclists.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service