The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You: dark blue uniform, in a white car with a blue stripe down the side.

You pulled a U-turn to follow a dark SUV into the Pete's Market parking lot after seeing them enter the intersection of Rockwell and Cermak after their light was red.

Thanks! I didn't think that was enforced anymore... it gets people killed.

You: in some make and model of some kind of motorized vehicle

You attempted to make a left turn into the crossing guard who was crossing about 14 kids at Milwaukee & Belmont. The fact that you honked at everyone was also a nice added touch.

WTF? You just drove through a school zone. What is wrong with you? 

What do we call a captured "missed connection"?

A taxi taking out a reflective post while using the Desplaines bike lane. (I'm 311'n this.)

Taxi in Desplaines Bike Lane 3/8/13 from ETR on Vimeo.

wow that taxi driver was idiotic.  i thought he might at least drop off a passenger.  also a big thank you to all those drunk first friday art walkers who decided not to look before they opened their car doors.  going to look at art, but not buying anything is certainly more important than my safety.  

Eric Roach said:

What do we call a captured "missed connection"?

A taxi taking out a reflective post while using the Desplaines bike lane. (I'm 311'n this.)

Taxi in Desplaines Bike Lane 3/8/13 from ETR on Vimeo.

Both of youse, on Grand and Kingsbury:  I don't know how it happened or how fast you were going, but the one car was nose first into the light pole.  The other was between the curb and the sidewalk after smashing an innocently parked car.  All airbags deployed, so you all were ok and standing outside your car calling whomever on your phones.

It must have happened a minute before I rolled by.  Maybe a second before some pedestrian was crossing the street.  For a two car accident to end up on the sidewalk, something serious driving was executed by both drivers.  Morons.

Too many to mention! Maybe it was the sun or the "warm" temps but a 60ish yr old man in a Gold (circa 1980's) 325i BMW with horrible after market rims kept revving his engine and creeped up on me twice at the light.

On the portion of Ravenswood that's one way people are unable to pass me or give me space to feel comfortable.

Lastly.

I don't know why you would want to drive a 1970's Ford pickup monster truck in the city but my left arm pointing left means I'm going left and you slamming on the brakes behind me because you were trying to eject your Molly Hatchet tape instead of driving is dangerous. 

I know you were wondering why I was turning left from the left turn lane with a green arrow but I ride a bike in the city and was following the rules of the road.

You had a left turn arrow going the opposite direction so next time don't act so confused when you see a bicyclist following the rules of the road.

Another person who can't drive but somehow has the ultimate driving machine?

Too much money not enough brain.

To the group of four riders who passed me on the hill going up East Avenue in Hodgkins last Sunday without any audible signals-- it is good manners to acknowledge another rider who greets you with a cheery hello. You weren't even much faster than me.

Hiya, to the guy with the yellow rims and red goggles that I said "Morning !" to this morning.

Something more than a surprised looked should be your response when I said, "On your left !" just before the viaduct on Archer near Burger King, heading east.

Yes, a 260lb, 44 yr old man, rocking a tan helmet, riding a heavy assed MTB w/ Blue camoflauged knobby tires and 3 flashing lights on the front w/ 2 red flashers on the back, passed you while you were trying to be cool weaving in-n-out of the little bit of traffic there was at 0512 this morning. And then, you couldn't keep up after we crossed Western. Saw you dropping back in my side mirror. Just remember, that you were my motivation for about 1/2 a mile....and beyond. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Manny

lol, nice Manny

Maybe you'll be his motivation next time.  ;)

Manny FU...Really!? said:

Hiya, to the guy with the yellow rims and red goggles that I said "Morning !" to this morning.

Something more than a surprised looked should be your response when I said, "On your left !" just before the viaduct on Archer near Burger King, heading east.

Yes, a 260lb, 44 yr old man, rocking a tan helmet, riding a heavy assed MTB w/ Blue camoflauged knobby tires and 3 flashing lights on the front w/ 2 red flashers on the back, passed you while you were trying to be cool weaving in-n-out of the little bit of traffic there was at 0512 this morning. And then, you couldn't keep up after we crossed Western. Saw you dropping back in my side mirror. Just remember, that you were my motivation for about 1/2 a mile....and beyond. Thank you.

If I had a dollar for every time this happens...

Also I just love it when they're behind the wheel nearly blowing a gasket or spontaneously combusting because they can't seem to grasp what the f*ck is going on when we're both executing a left turn. Don't they notice I'm doing the exact same thing a car would be doing when I'm signaling from the left lane and making a turn? It's like they just cannot get their minds around it. 

Mike Zumwalt said:

I know you were wondering why I was turning left from the left turn lane with a green arrow but I ride a bike in the city and was following the rules of the road.

You had a left turn arrow going the opposite direction so next time don't act so confused when you see a bicyclist following the rules of the road.

Another person who can't drive but somehow has the ultimate driving machine?

Too much money not enough brain.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service