The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still see plenty of Chicago Police on bikes; has anyone seen any serious patrolling of Dearborn?

I haven't had any problems lately, other than maybe the crossing button at Jackson from the trail to the city not working (and you don't get a walk signal and have to dodge traffic if you don't)?  I don't use it often though I cross the other direction all the time and that button works.

Tonight, for the first time in a while, there was an idiot a car in the bike lane on Dearborn at Petterinos.  As I was crossing the bridge on Dearborn, two CPD on bikes passed me. (I ride even slower than I usually do on that bridge.)  First time I have seen any bicycle police in a really long time.  I have no idea where they joined the lane or if they saw the idiot the car further south.

I'm a little confused. You want the first cyclist to use lights, but you want the second to angle hers down so they can't be seen? What's the purpose of the flashy-flashy if it's pointed at the ground? 

Tim S said:

I have been driving a bit the past few days and wanted to put up a few notes.

1. To the dude all wrapped up winter style with ski goggles at dusk northbound on Damen turn on your lights. I saw you had them. Whenthe sun starts to go down and car lights go on you become invisible to me in the car. Your all Ninja like and going to get hurt.

2. To the young lady northbound on Damen please angle your headlight down, your strobe like light was like a Japanese cartoon. Seriously you almost gave me a seizure as it flashed and flashed and flashed... Seriously please angle your lights down, please.

I often see bike cops on State St. near Madison/Monroe/Adams.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Tonight, for the first time in a while, there was an idiot a car in the bike lane on Dearborn at Petterinos.  As I was crossing the bridge on Dearborn, two CPD on bikes passed me. (I ride even slower than I usually do on that bridge.)  First time I have seen any bicycle police in a really long time.  I have no idea where they joined the lane or if they saw the idiot the car further south.

Not pointed at the ground, just not into the eyes of your fellow cyclists and cars. Think of your light like a car headlamp, angle it down so you do not blind others. Not that hard to understand, continually i see well meaning riders that have lights going but they are pointed up not towards the ground ahead. This girls lights lit up the intersection like a rave with all the reflections of the signs. O wanted to make the suggestion to her but she was rocking the ear buds...

Dovah Cat 10 mi said:

I'm a little confused. You want the first cyclist to use lights, but you want the second to angle hers down so they can't be seen? What's the purpose of the flashy-flashy if it's pointed at the ground? 

Tim S said:

I have been driving a bit the past few days and wanted to put up a few notes.

1. To the dude all wrapped up winter style with ski goggles at dusk northbound on Damen turn on your lights. I saw you had them. Whenthe sun starts to go down and car lights go on you become invisible to me in the car. Your all Ninja like and going to get hurt.

2. To the young lady northbound on Damen please angle your headlight down, your strobe like light was like a Japanese cartoon. Seriously you almost gave me a seizure as it flashed and flashed and flashed... Seriously please angle your lights down, please.

To the dude riding the fixie and going the wrong way down an one way street, thanks for the game of chicken when moved over to the right side of the street to get around a truck that was turning into a parking lot.  That was an awesome way to wake up and get alert before walking into work.

Dovah Cat 10 mi said:

Flashing lights are still visible if they're angled down.  With some of the brighter lights, you're essentially blinded if they're shining into your eyes.

I was super happy to see a trio of bike cops swarm a car that was parked in the Dearborn lanes a couple of nights ago. They let the driver off with a warning, which is probably what they've been instructed to do during this transition period.

Anne Alt 2-10 said:

I often see bike cops on State St. near Madison/Monroe/Adams.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

My light has a wonky bracket and has been pointing down frequently lately. It occurred to me after being blinded a few times that I should just leave it pointed down. When it flashes it lights up the whole front end of my bike - the chrome fork bits, the frame, etc. I'm pretty sure it achieves the "be seen" thing without the side effect of blinding my fellow bikers.

S said:

Dovah Cat 10 mi said:

Flashing lights are still visible if they're angled down.  With some of the brighter lights, you're essentially blinded if they're shining into your eyes.

Saw a guy run a red light at Ohio while riding the wrong way on Wells on Thursday afternoon. Brilliant! If he'd done it at night with no lights it'd have been a trifecta.

To the driver who yelled, "hipsters suck" at us during the Tour de Juicebox Memorial ride, you are a horrible person.  Grow up, and find some decency in your life.  

thank you to the driver who honked when the person in front of him tried to cut the line of cars by inching into the bike lane.  i passed both cars a block back and i'd like to think he honked to remind the other person that i was STILL on the same road in the bike lane.  the honk didn't stop them, but they only got 3 cars ahead before being forced to merge back.  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service