The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And don't forget to wear your Pampers, Mike.

Chitown_Mike said:

On 8/27 on Harts Rd at Caldwell

You: older gent, hybrid with a noisy chain and derailleur.

I have never seen you before but I ride the same path every day and see many of the same cars, you blowing the light at a slow speed does nothing but make my life hell as I need to dance around angry driver's who see a cyclist blow a light. 

I yelled out, "It's a RED LIGHT!" 

You responded 1/2 through the intersection, "It is green now." (as the light went green when you were 1/2 way through)

And the proceeded to putz along at your mediocre pace of "just enough momentum to not fall over" speed, which pushed me into the traffic lane to pass you safely.  And I did not purposely look at you at the next light because I would have unleashed some not thoroughly thought out words like I can now.

If you want to ride like that, and at that slow a speed, there is a large sidewalk that is normally unused and most of the cops don't mind over there.  You may, for the safety of others, consider using it.  Otherwise learn to cue up BEHIND other riders until you know you are moving faster, shoaling just proves your d-baggedness and makes you look like you have diminished mental prowess on a bicycle.

Ride safe or take the bus.

Trying to make this work.... try:

There are plenty of things to "hate" in this world.  Someone trying to grant you a courtesy, whether you desire it or not, is not one of them.

Or:

There's plenty to "hate" in this world.  Someone trying to grant you a courtesy, whether you desire it or not, is not among that "plenty."

Not really happy with either one-- can anyone help?

curt(is) locke said:

There's plenty to "hate" in this world.  Someone trying to grant you a courtesy, whether you desire it or not, is not one of them.

Vilda said:

I Roll Stop signs unless I see traffic then i stop. I hate the wave. You get to the stop sign, stop, and the ass head in the car that has the right of way waves you on or sits there thinking you are gonna run the stop. Hate it. Red lights is a stop.

So glad to know there are riders like you out there. I always make an effort to thank people who give me an OYL, bell ring, or other heads up. I've been getting a lot of unannounced close passes lately, including a 20-something female on Broadway last night who cut so closely in front of me after passing that I had to brake to avoid hitting her.

Michael A said:

Jeff I totally agree that close passes are dangerous at the worst, and rude at the very least. I prefer to give as wide a berth as possible and just go on with my bike ride. If I am passing someone who is just barely going slower then the rate I am traveling , I will say something like" I am coming up on your left " or I am passing on your left"  It is the people who yell out ON YOUR LEFT when there is clearly no where for them to pass unless that person moves over to the right that bug me. Yelling ON YOUR LEFT like that is like a car blowing their horn and expecting you to give up the lane and ride in the gutter until they pass.

Is that what they mean by "pampered cyclist"?  ;-)

Steve

curt(is) locke said:

How about: "There's enough hate in this world; try not to contribute (or provoke) more."

Steve

h' 1.0 said:

There are plenty of things to "hate" in this world.  Someone trying to grant you a courtesy, whether you desire it or not, is not one of them.

That works gramattically, but departs more than just a little from the intended usage of the word "hate" to mean "I hate it when X happens" and drags it into "framing Vilda as a hater" territory, which IMO is unfair to her.

Steve Weeks said:

How about: "There's enough hate in this world; try not to contribute (or provoke) more."

Steve

h' 1.0 said:

Why the need to edit the text?  Isn't the spirit of my text clear?  Bored on another lazy August day?? 

h' 1.0 said:

Or:

There's plenty to "hate" in this world.  Someone trying to grant you a courtesy, whether you desire it or not, is not among that "plenty."

Not really happy with either one-- can anyone help?

curt(is) locke said:

There's plenty to "hate" in this world.  Someone trying to grant you a courtesy, whether you desire it or not, is not one of them.

Vilda said:

I Roll Stop signs unless I see traffic then i stop. I hate the wave. You get to the stop sign, stop, and the ass head in the car that has the right of way waves you on or sits there thinking you are gonna run the stop. Hate it. Red lights is a stop.

Oh my Cthulhu, here we go again...

Cthulhu??  Is that like a Sharonna?

Oh, wait, I see -- it's your variant on the All Mighty (Flying Spaghetti Monster.)

Peace Be With You,

Live Long & Prosper,

Free Refills with Every Purchase,

Curt Spins

John Wilson 6.0 said:

Don't speak HIS name in vain!
Nyarlathotep . . . the crawling chaos . . . I am the last . . . I will tell the audient void. . . .

Steve

John Wilson 6.0 said:

While biking home along Madison, I met up with two Divvy bicyclist just as they passed under Wells in the bike lane --- HEADING EAST. I should have told them they're going the wrong way, but can't they tell with ALL the cars going in one direction?

I am not sure what that is supposed to mean but I can't fit pampers under my lycra....it ruins my areo effect on my commuter.

curt(is) locke said:

Chitown_Mike said:

On 8/27 on Harts Rd at Caldwell

You: older gent, hybrid with a noisy chain and derailleur.

I have never seen you before but I ride the same path every day and see many of the same cars, you blowing the light at a slow speed does nothing but make my life hell as I need to dance around angry driver's who see a cyclist blow a light. 

I yelled out, "It's a RED LIGHT!" 

You responded 1/2 through the intersection, "It is green now." (as the light went green when you were 1/2 way through)

And the proceeded to putz along at your mediocre pace of "just enough momentum to not fall over" speed, which pushed me into the traffic lane to pass you safely.  And I did not purposely look at you at the next light because I would have unleashed some not thoroughly thought out words like I can now.

If you want to ride like that, and at that slow a speed, there is a large sidewalk that is normally unused and most of the cops don't mind over there.  You may, for the safety of others, consider using it.  Otherwise learn to cue up BEHIND other riders until you know you are moving faster, shoaling just proves your d-baggedness and makes you look like you have diminished mental prowess on a bicycle.

Ride safe or take the bus.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service