The Chainlink

The Bloomingdale Trail, Pulse of 'The 606,' Opens June 6, Emanuel Says

Perhaps the most anticipated public park in recent memory, The Bloomingdale Trail — an elevated path above the commotion of the city where you can bike, jog or walk — will open to the masses on June 6, it was announced by Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

More .... http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150420/wicker-park/606-open-june-e...

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty exciting!

That is appropriate as it is National Trails Day. It is also the same day as the Ribbon-Cutting celebration for the Cal Sag Trail. Welcome to summer in Chicago - the time when we are swamped with overlapping choices for great bikey stuff to do and celebrate!

6/06.  Very clever.  Luckily, that is a Saturday to get the biggest crowds at opening.

I skimmed this whole article, but couldn't find the answer-- is the park going to have bathrooms?

Jessica Maxey-Faulkner, a Park District Spokeswoman said, "restrooms aren't currently in the design for the 606, but we will consider this community request. "

For the 606 grand opening, I'm bringing along the free gift that I received during 'my' recent 'tune-up' visit.
Attachments:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service