The Chainlink

Did you just try a local beer that you thought was exceptional?  Post it here!  

Views: 641

Replies to This Discussion

I have been up in Madison for work and I've had a few Toppling Goliath beers that were fantastic.

I tried two this past week that I really like. The first was Church Street Brewing's Heavenly Helles lager. They have it on tap at Galway Arms on Clark St along with some really good food. The second was Only Child's Attention Hog pale rye ale. 

I've also really been digging Spiteful Brewing this year. I've tried a bunch of their beers and my two favorites are Alley Time Pale Ale and I Hate my Boss Coffee Stout. Both are tasty! 

Bitter Biker is also tasty.

Rich S said:

I've also really been digging Spiteful Brewing this year. I've tried a bunch of their beers and my two favorites are Alley Time Pale Ale and I Hate my Boss Coffee Stout. Both are tasty! 

I've had the Ghost Bike and the Instigator but not that one. Definitely gonna grab a bottle on my next trip to Binnys. 

Which incidentally will be today!  

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Bitter Biker is also tasty.

Anything by Metropolitan Brewing.

Probably my favorite from Half Acre..  it goes fast though.

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Just tried: Sticky Fat by Half Acre. Very local. Very good.

The radler at The Radler is tasty

Half Acre Heyoka is a lovely IPA. Too bad every store I've checked in Chicago is now sold out. 

Pain Cave by Solemn Oath. New favorite IIPA.

As You Wish... by Pipeworks and Andrea Shoon (don't know if surly counts as "local")

Bear's Choice at Tighthead in Mundelein.  Yummy.

I'm sure eventually, I'll get to Skeleton Key. Not long ago I went to Metal Monkey in Romeoville, and thought their beers were pretty decent. Also went to Werk Force(Plainfield) that day, and they were good as well. Was also hoping to get to Miskatonic(Darien), but we didn't get there due to the others I was with feeling tired at the end.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service