The Chainlink

Nokian Hakkapeliitta W106 700x35 studded tires and new 700c rims - $115 -SOLD

Tires/rims sold

Selling a set of 700x35 Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tires with brand new unused 700c rims. The Nokians are relatively new, only ridden a handful of times. They still have the nubs on the tires there is so little wear. All of the carbide steel studs are present and accounted for, although there is a slight dusting of surface rust around the shoulders of the studs. This is common for these tires and does not affect the strength or holding power of the studs. Additionally, some stud loss is normal during regular use and there exists a tool to allow you to replace lost studs to extend the effective lifespan of the tires. The rims are brand new and unused. They have a machined braking surface with basic straight 14 gauge black spokes and vinyl rim strips. The rims are drilled for Presta tire valves. Together this would make a great set of winter wheels. Just swap them out for your regular wheels on the days your commute is guaranteed to have ice on the ground. For those drier ice-free stretches, take the wheels off and run your regular set to speed your commute back up. The rear wheel will accept 7 spd (with shim), 8 spd, or 9 spd cassettes. Just buy your own cassette to match your current gearing. If you buy the cassette I can install it for you an extra $10. Cash only, no trades. I can deliver the wheels via cargo bike to anywhere within about 10 miles of downtown Chicago. If you acquire your cassette ahead of time, I can install it when you take delivery of the wheelset/tires. As everyone is fond of quoting 'Game of Thrones' "Winter is coming," don't be caught without studded tires! You can see more photos at the Craigslist ad here:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/4068174504.html

Views: 973

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am very interested in these tires and rims.  If you PM me, We can make arrangements.

If Mark doesn't come through I'll take the tires for $60. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service