The Chainlink

Need details on that new law regarding motorists harrassing bicyclists. Tickets issued via mail...

Hoping someone can shed light on this situation. I have heard of the new law but am uncertain of the details.

Today on my commute home a man in his piece of S**T car X49 1777 plates ran me into the curb at the intersection of Halsted, Broadway, and the IHOP street. He tried to squeeze past me to beat the line of cars in the left lane going north bound on Halsted (then Broadway). It was a red light and I knocked on his window to inform of the three foot rule etc. He mocked me by saying "Yes maaaammm how can I help YOU?" Like I was asking for grey poupon mustard. He kept his eye on the light and not me. I said he almost clipped me. He waited for the light and sped off saying "almost, almost"

Next light, I pass in the bicycle lane. I know he is somewhere in the line of cars so VERY cautious to stay closer to parked cars. He passes and immediately swerves right in front of me with no obstacle to require him to do so. It was blatantly obvious is was geared at me.

Why the attitude on his part? Why the second swerve? Does this qualify for the bicycle harrassment law I mentioned above?

Just curious...however I know karma will take care of his sorry ass. Umph!

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah or let the air out of one of his tires. As big as Chicago is people are locals, someone has to know his whereabouts.

Adam "Cezar" Jenkins said:
My gut feeling is feel free to call him in at the time and claim he's driving around like a drunk. He was swerving right in front of you.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service