The Chainlink

J.C. Lind Bike Co. (formerly De Fietsfabriek) on Wells is offering a great Groupon deal this week on a Dutch Oma Fiets (or Granny Bike):

$499 for Dutch Oma Fiets Bike from J.C. Lind Bike Co. ($900 Value)

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps we should start a "Bike Deals" thread and post them all in one thread....there are so many!

I do see this groupon as a pretty darn good one though.  JC Lind certainly isn't getting very much per bike with this one...especially after groupon's cut.

Hopefully this is a tactic that works as the marketing mechanism its intended to be, though when a groupon is a side deal, it loses a lot of the impact.

That is 3 before the deal tips. Not total qty available

John said:

There are only three left now -

I want it soooooo bad!  I was in Holland in May and fell in love with their bikes.

Unfortunately, I don't have $499.  Not even close.

Phooey.

And it even includes a year's worth of service, including tune ups!

AGH! Why can't Santa Claus really exist? :(

I'm in... can't beat this deal. I loved riding one of these in Amsterdam for a week a few years ago. One more person!

Wow, 40 of these bikes were bought by the time this deal ended.

I don't have any experience in the bike shop business.  For those who do, does this seem like it would be a hardship for J.C. Lind to provide all these bikes at such a discount or exactly what they're looking for to get bodies into the shop?

(I've heard stories of Groupon merchants biting off more than they can chew with some of these deals.)

That Vanmoof looks really sweet from JC Lind. I like the lines, no wires, modern, simple. I was going to buy a rat bike, but I may have to get this instead.

That picture is not indicative of what you get. Both available models have a front brake (ie. a brake lever and cables spoiling the clean lines).

Also in our neighborhood there is one guy that has one. Talking to him he mentioned that the built-in lights were a good idea, but were underpowered
Eduardo Acosta said:

That Vanmoof looks really sweet from JC Lind. I like the lines, no wires, modern, simple. I was going to buy a rat bike, but I may have to get this instead.

I would mostly rely on the rear coaster brake and disregard the front brake altogether.

Was this over the summer that it was underpowered? The bike has solar powered LED lights but could also be charged through a cell phone charger which is nice too. But yeah, made need to keep the CygoLite around.

Duppie said:

That picture is not indicative of what you get. Both available models have a front brake (ie. a brake lever and cables spoiling the clean lines).

Also in our neighborhood there is one guy that has one. Talking to him he mentioned that the built-in lights were a good idea, but were underpowered
Eduardo Acosta said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service