The Chainlink

I was wondering if anyone else noticed a white powder-like substance on the ground on this morning's commute. It seems to have been blown there by the wind. I noticed it mostly in the grass and close to the curbs.

Is it safe to breathe? Will it harm plants? Who does one report it to?

Thx.

Views: 476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cocaine

yeah...dug is right. and if you keep staring at it you will surely go blind...

I think I see bits of it on the roof of the Cook County Building/City Hall.  No idea how it could have gotten there.

Yes, I noticed it on the roofs before heading out. I think we're talking about the same thing.

You say you see this downtown? I had assumed it came from the industrial area south of my home.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

I think I see bits of it on the roof of the Cook County Building/City Hall.  No idea how it could have gotten there.

Well, it is Wednesday and Wednesday is City Council day, so maybe what is downtown is something emanating from the City Council.  Might be worse than something coming from the industrial area.
 
h' 1.0 said:

Yes, I noticed it on the roofs before heading out. I think we're talking about the same thing.

You say you see this downtown? I had assumed it came from the industrial area south of my home.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

I think I see bits of it on the roof of the Cook County Building/City Hall.  No idea how it could have gotten there.

Weather Jeopardy for 200 pts - What has our Chicago winter been missing?

Might be smelly either way.  ;)

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Well, it is Wednesday and Wednesday is City Council day, so maybe what is downtown is something emanating from the City Council.  Might be worse than something coming from the industrial area.

Now it is falling on the ledge outside my window.

Sounds like ash from a volcano. Where is the closest one to Chicago?

I have heard that volcanic ash can travel thousands of miles . . . .

I spent the morning with a friend from India who had never encountered this substance before. He told me it is "like god has really bad dandruff". Makes sense. 

Or God really likes powdered sugar-covered donuts.

Dovah Cat 10 mi said:

I spent the morning with a friend from India who had never encountered this substance before. He told me it is "like god has really bad dandruff". Makes sense. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2013   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service