The Chainlink

Okay, so I know. There are lots of bicycle lights out there. Even the thread recently re: a product that projects a bike lane in front of you. But none of those had laser cannons.

ThinkGeek to the rescue!

  • Bicycle tail light for added safety
  • Features 5 lighting options and two laser cannon lane markers

Tags: cannons, laser, safety, skulls

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can find lights on eBay that do the same thing for a lot cheaper. 

This is a great idea! I'd like to be able to aim the line to 3-feet away on each side to match the legal passing distance. Also, if it worked during the day that'd be awesome.

Indeed. This same light is on eBay for around $10 shipped.

I'll get one if all of you do.

Diego Rael- 16.0mi said:

You can find lights on eBay that do the same thing for a lot cheaper. 

I think I'm going to order one of the $5.69 ones on eBay. (Not skull shaped).

Having shopped ebay for lights now, I'm wondering about a bucket of the $1/ea front LED lights. Even if someone steels one, I'd always have a light. I wonder if they're worth the dollar...


h' 1.0 said:

Indeed. This same light is on eBay for around $10 shipped.

I'll get one if all of you do.

Diego Rael- 16.0mi said:

You can find lights on eBay that do the same thing for a lot cheaper. 

I'll cover the dollar if you want to take a chance on one :-)

For me, the only reason to have a front light is to meet the letter of the law in case of a close encounter with a motorist (and/or a cop).... so I'd want  to be sure they meet the requirement:

Sec. 11-1507. Lamps and other equipment on bicycles.
(a) Every bicycle when in use at nighttime shall be equipped with a lamp on the front which shall emit a white light visible from a distance of at least 500 feet to the front and with a red reflector on the rear of a type approved by the Department which shall be visible from all distances from 100 feet to 600 feet to the rear when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps on a motor vehicle. A lamp emitting a red light visible from a distance of 500 feet to the rear may be used in addition to the red reflector.

I've ridden behind people using these and the laser line barely registers. Not nearly as bright as the pictures imply. I really doubt most drivers will even be able to see them, much less care.

looks pretty cheesy especially if they are worse than the pictures imply.

I thought the concept was cool but I'm not buying anything unless it's USB rechargeable. I think you're right about drivers not caring. I usually get a wide berth from  the two Blackburn Fleas I have on the back of my bike, but there usually is the ass clown that isn't paying attention or like you said doesn't care.

Don't forget smart phone integration!

Diego Rael- 16.0mi said:

I thought the concept was cool but I'm not buying anything unless it's USB rechargeable.

The link to the article did not work for me. When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was about, you know, real laser cannons you could mount on your bike. that would be cool.  You know, like sharks with frikin laser beams on their heads. something like that.   I would do that.

Cliff!!! Nice to see you back (or that you never left)!

Reddog said:

The link to the article did not work for me. When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was about, you know, real laser cannons you could mount on your bike. that would be cool.  You know, like sharks with frikin laser beams on their heads. something like that.   I would do that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2008-2013   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C. Julie Hochstadter, Director   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service