The Chainlink

Kickstarter project - Torch bike helmet for $50 anyone want one?

This lighted helmet is on Kickstarter right now. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1652790707/torch-bicycle-helmet... I was going to pledge $500 dollars and I would get 10 helmets. Would anybody be interested in a helmet. Read about it and let me know if you are interested. Thanks

Views: 2836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. The page states that the helmet will be CPSC certified.

Thunder Snow said:

Not to be a buzzkill, but something the designer of this helmet may not have considered: I don't think a bike helmet can be legally sold in the USA without first having been successfully tested by the Consumer Product Safety Commision: http://www.cpsc.gov/businfo/frnotices/fr98/10mr98r.pdf

This may be a wonderful bike light that can't be sold here.  Am I right in this?

Cool beanz.

Duppie said:

No. The page states that the helmet will be CPSC certified.

Count me in!  Awesome helmet for early winter nightfall!

Count me in! I have an extra large head.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I funded $150 to get two. First Kickstarter I've deemed worthy of my funds. I'd love to see this one get off the ground.

If they are not all gone, I will take one.

I want one.  

So this project got funded and then some. They're currently close to 15K past their goal. How should we figure out getting payment to you or will you just post when they come in to WB?

The project will end funding on Tues the 29.I was planning on waiting until then.I had contacted the designer about getting a few more helmets.I have not heard back from him.The helmets won't be ready until October.With any new project that timeline can get pushed back.Once I have confirmation that the helmets are being sent I will contact you about getting you the helmet and me the money.A FEW kickstarter projects have gotten funded and then had a lot of problems getting the project finished.I think this guy knows what he is doing.

Ash L. said:

So this project got funded and then some. They're currently close to 15K past their goal. How should we figure out getting payment to you or will you just post when they come in to WB?

Thank you, Ace, for the update.

What was the resolution of this?

Update. They were suppose to be ready to ship the end of October. That has now been pushed back to the 1st or 2nd week of November.As soon as I am contacted about the sizes I will let you know. The price is still $50

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service