The Chainlink

Crain's article on Groupon's perceived need to grow in order to survive:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20120714/ISSUE01/307149986/a...

I say it's not going to be around 2 years from now.

Views: 1795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Facebook as a social hangout is one thing.  But its ability to monetize the eyes on screens and give an investor a sizeable ROI to risk ratio makes it a very uncertain commodity in the long run. 

Lots of folks got sold a bill of goods.  Zuckie is going to laugh all the way to the bank, and also the Wall St. big-wigs who took off with all the loot that "vaporized" in the IPO's tits-up titanic dive.   The ones who really are going to get screwed beyond the folks who thought they could invest on the "ground" floor of the Hindenburg are the mid-level FB employees who got stuck holding a big shit-ton of worthless stock for their trouble. 

It's not like some of us weren't saying this all along but...

I don't understand. Mr. Zuckerberg is considered an insider, no? How was he able to profit from the inflated IPO price if today is his first chance to sell his shares?

James BlackHeron said:

[...]Lots of folks got sold a bill of goods.  Zuckie is going to laugh all the way to the bank, and also the Wall St. big-wigs who took off with all the loot that "vaporized" in the IPO's tits-up titanic dive.   The ones who really are going to get screwed beyond the folks who thought they could invest on the "ground" floor of the Hindenburg are the mid-level FB employees who got stuck holding a big shit-ton of worthless stock for their trouble. [...]

Volume.

I think he sold off a chunk of them pre-IPO and some of the IPO stocks may have come from the ones that he owns.    I'm not sure if this is the case with FB but with groupon, a bunch of the money from VC funding and IPO went to the top execs at groupon instead of to the company.

Duppie said:

I don't understand. Mr. Zuckerberg is considered an insider, no? How was he able to profit from the inflated IPO price if today is his first chance to sell his shares?

James BlackHeron said:

[...]Lots of folks got sold a bill of goods.  Zuckie is going to laugh all the way to the bank, and also the Wall St. big-wigs who took off with all the loot that "vaporized" in the IPO's tits-up titanic dive.   The ones who really are going to get screwed beyond the folks who thought they could invest on the "ground" floor of the Hindenburg are the mid-level FB employees who got stuck holding a big shit-ton of worthless stock for their trouble. [...]

Why not, it worked with GM...

In other news, I heard that Time-Warner was going to buy a controlling interest in Facebook and rename their company Facebook-Time-Warner.    Sounds like a good idea!

good riddance.

Just in case anyone wants a direct link again for groupon.  Tomorrow will be brutal for them.   Fridays can be a bad day to get beat up after an earnings report. 

And in other news, Facebook is back to $20 again.   Sometimes turds can just float a long time before they break up. I don't think the big speculators are done playing with Facebook's numbers yet.  There still is money to be fleeced from the fools who bought in initially.  Folks are still buying into the short-lived rallies. Hope springs eternal.   

When is the last time you build a company with over 11,000 employees from scratch?

Oh, wait. You never have.

Paul Gnarlo said:

Just a friendly reminder reinforcing what we already knew; GRPN is hitting fresh lows yet again AH on earnings release.

Yet somehow this turds market cap is still a few billion.

I've never been to the moon, but I"m pretty sure it's right there, orbiting the earth. 

Mason runs you off the road, laughing in his sick BMW SUV while his 11,000 employees cry over their worthless stock options and crappy resume's.

Ah yes! A variation on the penny-stock troll. I thought they became extinct after the Internet crash of the early 2000's?

Please continue with whatever it is you're doing....

Paul Gnarlo said:

Ive never attempted to do this duppie.  However, I have successfully shorted the shit out of obvious pseudo ponzi schemes and have been happily smug with the results.

Have you built a company with 11k employees from scratch?? Word.

Duppie said:

When is the last time you build a company with over 11,000 employees from scratch?

Oh, wait. You never have.

Paul Gnarlo said:

Just a friendly reminder reinforcing what we already knew; GRPN is hitting fresh lows yet again AH on earnings release.

Yet somehow this turds market cap is still a few billion.

Should be an ugly lunch-hour drop too.   

Not sure it will stabilize, recover, or continue to drop after that.    I think it'll finish out the day around $2.50 and recover a bit next week.  But it may be a long time before it breaks $5 again. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service