The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent pic of the 'cloud gate' bean - mweerd !

I rode clipless today, finally transitioned from the large platform pedals and boots with studded tires to my stock tires and dual sided clipless pedals.

I missed my pedals!!

And I really missed the speed on the smoother tires and I am totally amazed at how quiet the bike is now.  No more buzz saw going down the road!

So I rode down the Hyde Park to get a brochure from the HPCA (hyde park art center) for information that I could have looked up online. But that's how it is with warm weather, you come up with small to nothing reasons to bike 20 miles. 

Winter it's straight lines, work/home,  store/home, there is no meandering or miles with out reason. Things get warm and why not take a jaunt up to Devon ave to get some almonds? Or some couscous. The almonds are almost besides the point, they are the tiny reason to bike up there. Not sure if this is just me or not.

So I bumped into a guy that I haven't seen since oh, November.  Now my bike looks like it's been dipped in salt and grime and person I haven't seen his bike looks super clean, as clean as it was back in November.

Person has the nerve to say "I haven't seen you around" and as mild as our relationship is I can't really say; "We'll you haven't seen me around because I didn't resort to public transportation in the winter because I'm hard core and you're not".  All one can do it let it slide and welcome them back.  I expect this to happen a couple more times between now and the end of the month.

So you mean that it is like going from 4200 north to Navy Pier to get a soft pretzel?

Yea, that sort of thing.  Tiny reasons to go from one side of the city to the other and back.  If there was a place that had pretzels and it was another 20 blocks you would be just as happy.

Thank you Haddon for 'being human', and letting it slide, for welcoming the 'snow birds' back. Granted you are 'hard core', but 'birds of a feather' must band together ! Welcome back 'All' cyclists to "season 2015!"
Um..I clean my bike religiously. Rode all winter...not hardcore, just cheap and lazy. Last winter I got lazy and salt destroyed my drivetrain. Just saying clean bike doesn't mean not riding all winter AND dude, clean your bike - salt kills, hypertensive bikes.

I rode today, but not really by choice. Our son managed to get our car towed overnight. I had to ride to the City of Chicago's impound lot at 701 N. Sacramento. Fortunately, there was a tailwind the entire way.

701 n. Sacramento. A 'fun' and 'expensive' place to visit !

It's melting!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service