The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure where I draw the line on winter commuting, but this morning I decided that a 45-minute ride against the wind with wind chills of -9 was on the wrong side of it.

sure did! 15 short miles.

I thought you did ride to work a couple of times this winter?

Today's am ride was awesome! Barely a breeze, warm but not overheated. Crazier still. No change in number of riders seen yet. I know the spring migratory riders are coming back. It's seems like tomorrow should be the day. Get out there and ride!

This morning the 'bike paths' were covered in snow, ice and parked cars so I had to ride in the (mostly empty) parking lane.

But in the evening...saw a movie, then shopped, then, on a night still warmed by the heat of the day, with just the hint of a gentle, pleasant breeze in the air, rode down a wide, well-lit, smoothly paved major street with hardly any cars on it, my new blinking 5 LED's and rolling green spokesbeams lighting the way.

A truly beautiful ride.

Darn--when is that ice going to get out of the harbor?!?

I love how your pictures have documented the snow and the melt. Focusing on the same subjects is so cool. Thank you! :-) 

If this weather holds, the Milwaukee and Kinzie PBL's should be free of ice and snow by the weekend! Sadly, no projected date for them to be clear of road debris.

Compared to Dearborn, Kinzie and Milwaukee look as if they have been cleaned with a street sweeper.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service