The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A good day to be a south-sider! (I mean every day is a good day to be a southsider as long as you don't need Thai food, live music or theater.)

Melanie K said:

Not fair. Headwind and sideswinds on the way in to work...then headwinds and sidewinds on the way back home...grr.  Oh well. Just some added exercise. 

Actually got stopped dead by a big gust of wind while crossing the Ohio/Ontario feeder on Milwaukee - oof! That's a first for me.

For more lakefront bike ride photos for Tuesday April 17, 2012, click here.

For more lakefront bike ride photos for Wednesday, April 18, 2012, click here.

YES!!!

First ride in over two weeks.  Been home with the wife since she gave birth 4/1, today was unfortunately my day back at the office.  Not too happy right now, but being back in the saddle eased the pain a little bit.  Now I really can't wait to ride home.

Congratulations, Jeremy. Fatherhood is the scariest, most rewarding and fulfilling thing you will ever do.

Jeremy said:

YES!!!

First ride in over two weeks.  Been home with the wife since she gave birth 4/1, today was unfortunately my day back at the office.  Not too happy right now, but being back in the saddle eased the pain a little bit.  Now I really can't wait to ride home.

For more Lakefront bike ride photos for Thursday, April 19, 2012, click here.

40s & Drizzling = My Favorite Ride!

Had every light on Lincoln timed out perfectly - This morning was a great ride!!

For more Lakefront bike ride photos for Friday, April 20, 2012, click here.

2 miles of a horrible head wind.

In the original "I'm hardcore" spirit of this thread... The wind was not horrible, but the huge box of recycling served as a pretty good sail/parachute.

Good thing that bike has a coaster brake (not that I needed it much with all that weight) as it freed up a hand to keep that load steady. A huge box on a tiny front rack is not optimal - but the recycling facility is pretty close, so it was not a problem.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service